• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2021 takes a long time to load from the start up screen (hangs at "reading preference")

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CC 2021 takes a while to startup hanging at "Reading preferences." Even if I hold down shift+ctrl+alt and reset the preference or hold down shift when launching in ignoring the plugins-filters, it still hangs at the "reading preference" part of the launch. It used to take about 10 seconds to launch Photoshop before I installed the latest Windows update and now it takes almost 3 minutes to launch. I've tried a bunch of tips that I've found such as turning off the workspace at launch, disabling graphics processor, increasing the memory use to 80%, changed the scratch disk to the fastest drive available on my computer, etc.. but yet my launch still takes a long time to load. 

Any ideas or suggestions on what could be causing this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use a prior Photoshop version that works for you. Some day Adobe may get Photoshop 2021 working well perhaps in 2021.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines