Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2021 unusable, crashes.

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else finding the new Photoshop crashes when trying to edit type layers?

This has happened on two separate documents and is repeatable. 

Open document, try to edit a type layer (leading, type a new word, basically any normal type operation).

Spinning wheel for a couple of seconds. CRASH.

It's basically unusable for me, running Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on a Mac Pro.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2021 unusable, crashes.

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else finding the new Photoshop crashes when trying to edit type layers?

This has happened on two separate documents and is repeatable. 

Open document, try to edit a type layer (leading, type a new word, basically any normal type operation).

Spinning wheel for a couple of seconds. CRASH.

It's basically unusable for me, running Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on a Mac Pro.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE. It now seems to crash after a minute or so whatever I am trying to do, so maybe not related to Type layers?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominic,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Could you please turn off the GPU from the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps to resolve the crash issue?

Also, please submit the crash logs along with your email address. It will help us to find the root cause of the crash issue. Here's how you submit the crash logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit, will give the above recommendations a try.

Dom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately turning off GPU doesn't help. Within a couple of minutes, Photoshop CC21 crashes, even if nothing is happening at all and I just leave it open with a file open. Will submit crash logs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes- it's unusable on my 2017 MacBook Pro. Crashes. General bugginess. I have to figure out how to reinstall PS 2020. What a gigantic time sink. Never had trouble like this before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I´m having the same problem. I can´t even open a photo nor create a new document. Every time I try to open/create a picture Ps CC21 keeps saying it can´t due to a programme disfunction.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  Also running Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on an iMac.   I am usually working in layers and it has occurrred mulptiple times, particularly when I select color range.   The dialog box comes up, but then freezes when I try to use the slider to dial in the range.  I end up force quitting.   I may have to revert back to the prior version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0