• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2021 unusable, crashes.

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else finding the new Photoshop crashes when trying to edit type layers?

This has happened on two separate documents and is repeatable. 

Open document, try to edit a type layer (leading, type a new word, basically any normal type operation).

Spinning wheel for a couple of seconds. CRASH.

It's basically unusable for me, running Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on a Mac Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  Also running Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on an iMac.   I am usually working in layers and it has occurrred mulptiple times, particularly when I select color range.   The dialog box comes up, but then freezes when I try to use the slider to dial in the range.  I end up force quitting.   I may have to revert back to the prior version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, crashes all the time after 2-3 minutes. So put me on the list,

running Big Sur 11.1 on iMac 4,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 32GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 22.0.1 is terrible in respect of performance. Working on a project for Client and cannot do simple brushing between layers as the Nvidia acceleration is soo poor I need to wait at least 2-3 seconds before the correction displays / renders! (with no acceleration it's even worst on only cpu, despite 12 cores clocked at 4ghz with water cooling). Why is it that on a 10 year old PC a CS5 versiom works without a hesitation on exactly same images and on a newly build PC with Threaedripper, Nvidia RTX and NVME drives it is sluggish?! Previous versions of 2019 and 2020 were at least somehow ok to work with, but now it's just unbearable. I think that's me done paying you for such terribly performing applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Having the same problem, same S.O and also when I use Type layer. Anyone know a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having text issues -- text won't highlight when I'm editing words or lines.  It's not consistent and may have worked itself out in the last day or so, but it's been a noticeable problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having constant program issues, primarily with imported graphics, but this afternoon it was with a font as well. I can design with everything just fine, but when I try to save, it says there's a program error and can't. Is causing a ridiculous amount of wasted time, frustration, and is even making some of my wishful designs undoable. UGH! I'm on a MacBook Pro from a few years ago (2017?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since Ive updated imac and all adobe programs updated to current.  If i open up 1 or several images in camera raw PS will freeze and dump off.  then i have to reboot.  been sending in reports but have not hearf anything.  cant do my studies if not working - if i use the nikon program i have no issues but takes 3x the work vs using PS...  Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unstable POS crashes constantly unless I am very very careful what combination of tools I have active (for example, if I have the Crop and either the Move tool or the Rectangular Marquee tool active at the same time, it will crash). Rest assured I will be reverting to CS6 as soon as my 25% off CC subscription expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Big Sur 11.1   2019 MacBook Pro
Upgraded to Photoshop 2021 and it crashes as soon as I start to use the app.
I had the same issue with Premiere Pro in an early round of updates and had to install older version in order to do my work.
Turning off GPU did not solve the problem.
Not the kind of Christmas present I wanted from Adobe CC, especially since I am paying for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EVERYONE...

Same as all of you. Upgrade to PS 2021 not long ago and now it crashes everytime I open a file and try to make adjustments... Doesn't matter the file, the size etc... VERY frustrating... Tried every work around from Adobe and on this thread and nothing works! I've probably sent close to 20 crash reports and still no fix... My system is completely up to date and PS still not working right... I'm reluctant to upgrade my other suite products because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. Running on a somewhat beefy 2017 iMac with 40GB RAM and Catalina. Thought it was my DXO Nik Collection or Mac OS, but alas, it's Adobe. Uninstalled latest version ("perversion"?) of PS and reinstalled the oldest one on the list (21.2.4). So far, so good. I will try reinstalling my old Google Nik Collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported the issue through the regular prompt provided, but I too have this issue. Macbook Pro macOS Big Sur Version 11.0.1, Processor 2.5 GHz quad core intel core i7, 16 GB, 1600MHz DDR3, Intel iris pro 1536 MB. 

Add me to the list. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some updates Photoshop and Big Sur. Lots of crashes now..

Especially with use of the curves layer.

Took a video screenshot of the issue: https://streamable.com/esajl8 

Anyone tips?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is unusable after the last update for two weeks ago. Two weeks have already passed and still nothing. It's crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding myself to the list here. I can use Photoshop for about 2 – 3 minutes before it crashes. Doesn't seem specific to any particular actions or files. Very frustrating. It did seem to coincide with updating my OS to Big Sur v11.1, but I haven't had issues with any of my other programs since the update. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have missed it but has Adobe given us an ETA for a fix?  I run PS 2021 on several powerful machines and it crashes on every one of them.  Currently running Windows 10 with all of the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same problem here. Brand new 2019 Macobook Pro, just updated my OS to Big Sur to see if it woud fix the issue with no luck. Going to revert to an old version and hopefully I can get my work done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP!!! 2021 crashing with brand new MACbook pro and Big sur, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone heard or read anything from Adobe that suggests they are fixing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I am actually having the same issue as you have, except when I literally right click on the layer selection tool, it keeps crashing or whatever it seems to be causing photoshop to keep crashing on my computer, also, if anyone is wondering, I'm using Windows 10 Professional. I'm also using the latest version of photoshop. I tried changing the ram of my own photoshop images, but it didn't work. Has anyone gotten a solution to this, please? If someone has, then please let me know. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the latest verison of PS. That seemed to be the culprit. The PS verison I'm running now is 22.0.1. It seems to work OK, but I'm running on a Mac with OS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mohave 10.14.6 with Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. on an iMac Late 2015.   When I tried to update Lightroom 10. to 10.1 and Photoshop 21.2.4 to 22.1, both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop became unuseable, crashing within minutes to starting to use the software.   I kept waiting for a solution from the forum or Adobe, but nothing.  Finally I chatted with a very nice help desk person who told me that the AMD Radeon  R9 M390 - 2 GB Graphics processer I was using (came with the original iMac OS) didn't play well with the new Adobe updates.  She wanted me to upgrade to Catalina or Big Sur.  I could not do that at this time as I have software that will not work with the upgrades.  We then upgraded both Lightroom and Photoshop to the most recent versions.  She then proceeded to deselect the Graphics Processor in the updated version of Lightroom and Photoshop.  In Photoshop, she also increased the RAM useage to the max of the ideal range (49482).  She also increased the Cache Levels to 8.   I then proceeded to look at the amount of room on my 1T SSD and moved most everything off of it except lightroom catalog and applications.  I am happy to say that I have been able to work with the latest versions of Photoshop and Lightroom.    I also went into into system information and the storage tab to see what was taking up so much space on the HD and to see whether it could be moved to another drive.   My biggest culpret in lightroom were the preview files.   I don't need 1:1 for all 100,000 images so, I changed that setting to remove after 5 days.   My edits are usually done by then anyway.   I hope some of these suggestions this help.  I am by no means a technical person.  I will say that the Adobe Help Desk person was most patient and really willing to help me within my OS parameters as much as she could.   I will eventually upgrade to Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - upgraded to CC-2021 and crashes everytime I try to make a text edit.

This is RIDICULOUS! Why release a new version that has not been fully vetted? Running on Windows 10 on a two year old Surface Pro 4. 

Is there a work-around? Or can anyone tell me how to uninstall and re-install the last version?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.1 was starting to be somewhat stable. Updated to 22.2 yesterday and now it crashes on opening any document.

Version 2021 has been a total disaster from day one. There is something fundamentally wrong with this version. This is not what I'm paying for, Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else using a Wacom tablet?  I am suspecting a conflict here.  The engineers never think to test with tablets, even though as artists we all use them. 

A wonderful Adobe tech spent some time with me the other day - he wrote a file for my "Library" that helped for a little bit, but now I am back to crashing all the time.  He really tried, and recognized me as an experienced user, and watched me try somethings faster than he could. 

I bought a new iMac because Photoshop was crashing on my 2017 MacBook Pro.  I feel like Adobe owes me bigtime because I did need a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines