• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 21.1.0 so many issues

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should be happy, since the latest PhotoshopCC update to version 21.1.0, all lasso tool issues are gone but OH BOY, II got so many new problemes with now, I'd wish to have my lasso tool isues back, instead of this newer version going crazy:

If using hand tool + rotation tool, it automatically flips back to the initial position.

If scaling up or down (whatever) brush, it get's uncontrollable slow.

Photoshop doesn't follow up the amount of opacity when scaling it down a layers visability.

Sometimes pen tool just does NOT react or react 2 seconds delayed

Curser redomly transforms into a (to me unknown) tool, if switchen layers on and off.

Photoshop magicly draws lines all over the screen if I move the the cursor around while having pen tool selceted. This only happens if I use the mouse (!!!)

What the heck is going on over there 😄 ?!

I'm using:

Photoshop CC 2020 + Wacom intuos pro. Windows10. Nvidea Geforce 660M

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it's a mess of an update, Adobe said performance improvements and bug fixes, looks like they introduced more bugs than they fixed, I went back to version 21.0.3 and all is good again 🙂

You can roll back to 21.0.3 via the CC app to a not so buggy version

2020-02-21 10_28_16-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

You can find lots of unhappy Windows users here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, so I'll go back to an older version...
Fun fact about photoshop family. Wanted to post this wonderful text there but guess what: Also there the situation seams out of controlle, since I'm not able to log in for about 3-4 days now 😄 
Sometimes, I'm asking myself, why do I have to pay 60 bugs a month for that crap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, it’s a terrible update.  At first I thought it was my system, as I couldn't believe it was the app which was this bad. But having eliminated all other possibilities, you have to accept the final cause, however improbable, that Adobe testers really need to get their act together and actually test their software before release.

Going back to 21.0.3 - thanks for the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have similar problems.  First alert was the dodge and burn tool and the healing brush.  All shot an unwanted line from where I was working to the top left edge of my file.  Tried using the patch tool as well.  No matter how carefully I drew my selection in the middle of my file, the selection attached itself to the top left hand side of the frame.  Got around it by lassoing a 'minus' selection around the bit I didn't want.  Tried reinstalling but have gone back to version 21.0.3 - and lost all of my prefferences too Grrrr!  Using windows 7 server - I know, but I am on a government maching and cannot update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I want is a freeze on features and a complete and utter focus on performance for 2 solid years on all Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, how do you go back to the previous version. I can't find that option in my CC app. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would first try 21.2, released a few days ago, with many fixes and new features.

but here's how to install a previous version (make sure to save any preset you want to keep!)

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

btw, are you using Win Tab, or WindowsINK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I have tried the latest update and having a lot of problems. Thought I would go back to the previous version until those bugs are worked out. I followed the guidelines in the link, unfortunately, I do not have the 3 dots next to the open that gives me that option. I don't know why. At this point I am stuck, but would be nice to know why I don't have those. Thanks again.

I also checked for preferences, under settings, and alas, there is no preference item. But under Apps, settings, I have Show Older Apps checked and yet, they don't show. This is the latest CC version. So I have no idea why mine is this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked around more, and found it under All Apps. So please disregard my previous comment and again thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version of PS has been a nightmare!! So many tools just start being buggy, usually within 20 minutes, give or take, of launching the program. The lastest issue as of this morning is the pen tool. I've quit and restarted the program to no avail. My issue is: I don't seem to have the option to install 21.0.3–it's just not in the list. I'm on a mac running catalina (cannot switch my computers operating system without loosing/creating issues with other, essential programs in the process, so it's not a viable solution).

I'm attaching a link to the versions I can install/update. Please advise if you have any relevant knowledge.

Thanks you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using WinTab with Photoshop and Wacom pen switch to Windows INK API . Or go back to using PS 2020 21.0.3

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Windows Ink means no pen pressure. It's not going to work out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can configure Photoshop 21.1.0 and my Wacom to use Windows INK for pen pressure.   However, I do have other issues using INK with Photoshop 21.1.0 and my Wacom Intuos.  The only solution is to reinstall 21.0.3

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version is completely unusable for my part, I have a brush problem which is preselected automatically even when changing tools. I have a layer problem that doesn't want to move either and goes backwards.

Anyway it's hell I use a Wacom intuos tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Windows Photoshop version 21.1.0 has major problems with its tablet support reinstall 21.0.3.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's any consolation to anyone, none of these things, including Wacom tablets, are happening on the Mac in Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish that were true, but I'm having nothing but trouble with Catalina 10.5 update and PS 21.1.3 running on a new iMac.I've been using PS since CS3 days, and this is the most buggy update yet.

Images won't load

layers suddenly go dark for no reason (or command) then return, showing up on layers thumbnail but not the desktop,

tools will work then won't then will,

and the damn thing has gotten so slow I'm walking away and coming back waiting for it to load, save, open etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! MAC and Catalina. Masks stay lighter color and when i tried a headswap, I get a double layer. Original sits there and other transforms. Don't know how to go back before update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back as well. 21.1.0 is simply too buggy to work with. Buttons in the layer panel sometimes get stuck, making it impossible to create groups, layers or masks through those buttons.
I'm pretty sure before it was also possible to first press down the stylus and only then hold shift to draw a straight line. It now forces you do it the other way around. Random lines sometimes shoot over the screen for no apparant reason, a Wacom related issue I haven't seen in ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having several issue with this latest version as well.  Bugs we are experiencing:

-keyboard shortcuts, such as brush increase ] and brush decrease ] just not working

-input lag using various pens and tablets including latest Cintiqs

We will try rolling back to 21.0.3 as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, had to roll back to the previous version because in things like the Brightness adjustmnent tool, the brightness only updates when you release the mouse and not in realtime as you slide the slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They tried to fix something that was already perfect. So many shorcuts already rooted in our minds changed for money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS update has many problems.  How can I go back to PS before the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines