Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 21.1.3 Cropping makes the image disappear

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im notice that my photoshop lagging so much after the update while maintaining the same preferences and I don't know how to explain what happen but when I open images it fills with dark grey rather than showing the photo that I open. Please see attach. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.07.27 am.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that image is getting disappeared while trying to crop in Photoshop 2020. It's really strange and is not definitely not a usual experience. 

Are you facing this issue while working with a specific file? Also, which version of macOS are you running on your computer?

I'd suggest that you try the 2 steps below:

1. Go to the Photoshop preferences, performance tab, turn off the graphics processor option and see if that makes a difference.

2. Reset the app preferences for Photoshop. To restore preferences quickly: 

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the latest Mac OS which is macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and I have untick and tick the graphic processor as well as reset app preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the app preferences resolved this issue for me. I thought I was going mad - I couldn't crop any image at all without the entire image disappearing, and I was on a brand new Mac with superpowers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you- this helped me...crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines