Highlighted

Photoshop CC - 21.2.0 - Text Tracking - Increments Issue [Mac]

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've searched high and low on Google and there doesn't seem to be a recent answer to this -

I used to be able to go to (any) tool with a value setting and either click the drop down, or type a value, or actually click the icon next to it and drag (for example, make text a larger point size or increase the tracking in between letters)

In Photoshop CC - 21.2.0, all is working fine EXCEPT when I try to use the click and drag function on the tracking icon, it is now going up and down by increments of 100, even when I click and hold shift, control, option or command, or any of these keys coupled with each other.

There is no option to change this in the Photoshop settings (that I can see).

Anyone have any ideas? I refuse to believe we just have to guess and type the values now.

Thanks

Alex

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC - 21.2.0 - Text Tracking - Increments Issue [Mac]

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've searched high and low on Google and there doesn't seem to be a recent answer to this -

I used to be able to go to (any) tool with a value setting and either click the drop down, or type a value, or actually click the icon next to it and drag (for example, make text a larger point size or increase the tracking in between letters)

In Photoshop CC - 21.2.0, all is working fine EXCEPT when I try to use the click and drag function on the tracking icon, it is now going up and down by increments of 100, even when I click and hold shift, control, option or command, or any of these keys coupled with each other.

There is no option to change this in the Photoshop settings (that I can see).

Anyone have any ideas? I refuse to believe we just have to guess and type the values now.

Thanks

Alex

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is not normal as normal increments are 20* and 2* (while pressing option).

Would you mind sharing a screen shot of your character panel with that text layer selected.

/G

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image links only appeared after I posted it seems... anyways I cannot replicate that issue at all based on those settings. It could be a time to reset preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be specific about the effect of modifier keys when dragging the Tracking icon?

You should be seeing increments of:

10 — no modifier

2 — Alt (Opt)

100 — (Shift)

The resulting value will be shown in the window next to the icon, but the drop down is hard coded, and won't always reflect the value in the Tracking window.   Are you seeing a different behaviour?  If yes, what version of OSX are you using?  

Trevor_Dennis_0-1594892289177.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on MacOS Catalina (10.15.2)

The keys have no effect on the drop down at all

What a pain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keys also have no effect on the values even if not reflected in the drop down. I might uninstall and just try a different PS version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines