• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 22.2 Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest Photoshop and it now freezes on loading...not amused.   Can not get to preferences to try to change them...my older version of CC was working perfectly and I now have to go to all the trouble of changing everything again - tried moving large preset files but made no difference

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is 22.2.0, is that what you have?

Which version of OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Did you state you couldn't get to the preferences to reset the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back so quickly...will reply shortly but just redownloading the 22.2 version again....windows 10 HOME..RAM 15.9GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti --  had no problems with the previous version of CC but this is very frustrating as I was in the middle of a project and have to waste all this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset the preferences:

1) Close Photoshop
2) Relaunch Photoshop
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete Photoshop Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

The other thing is to get your graphics card checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...ju

NavyNick_0-1613236161897.png

st reloaded the 22.2 version and exactly the same freezes on loading preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks..that loaded extremely quickly - presumably I will have to reset my preferences as usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek - great advice and I have not wasted too much time - and on the bright side I have learnt how to quickly stop the freezing.  Didn't take a few mo's to reset my preferences.

Regards

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can usually reset your preferences under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines