• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC - All Custom Shortcuts disappeared

Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This afternoon I still had all my shortcuts.

This evening, they were all gone. The set of shortcuts is gone from the Shortcuts menu, and a set that I never created is there.

What has happened?

Is there any way to reconnect to the set of shortcuts? May the file still be there?

For now I don't even have a shortcut to flatten a file.

I'm on a Mac, High Sierra, and it's Photoshop 20.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May the file still be there?

Did you do a search of the libraries?

Could you be logged in to your computer with another ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where to find the settings file for keyboard shortcuts, so I set up a new custom set.

At least it will give me the option to free some single key shortcuts like "p" as I never use the pen tool, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else use your computer?

You can view who you are logged in as here.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 2.20.06 PM.png

Also make sure have  CC2019 running as not CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody else is using my computer.

I have both Photoshop 20 and Photoshop 19 on my computer.

Photoshop 20 I use for editing.

For image processing through Bridge 8 I have to use Photoshop 19 (it doesn't work with Photoshop 20 - and I don't use Bridge 9 as it's not usable due to blurred previews and an unmanageable interface that I cannot adjust as I can adjust Bridge 8)

So far I have not encountered any problems.

strange thing: instead of the shortcut collection with my first name (which disappeared) there was a shortcut collection with the name "Color". I recently created a workspace "color" whose file I imported from an RGG-EDU tutorial. But that was 2 or more weeks ago, and no disturbance of my shortcuts has happened since - until yesterday.

At 3 PM I had all my shortcuts, at 8PM they were all gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These tutorial can really ness up your workplace, but you usually can go back to your own saved keyboard shortcuts & workspace.

Can you click on the keyboard shortcut set and change that back?

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 3.11.30 PM.png

Also try to reset your workspace back to a set you saved

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 3.12.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My shortcut set had totally disappeared, and I removed the new "color"set.

I had already been working for two weeks with that specific tutorial - the downloaded workspace was a generic photoshop workspace file.

Where are keyboard shortcut sets actually stored? Maybe my old set was just "disconnected" and is still there... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are stored here

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019/Presets/Keyboard Shortcuts

If you ever forget click here

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.47.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mike.

There are no presets in this folder except the new set I created today.

So it's gone.

Gives me the opportunity to weed out some shortcuts for tools I don't use (like the pen tool, or auto color, auto tone) and apply them to things I regularly use like "apply image" "content aware fill"

Maybe I should just back up those preset files on their own.

I have a full OS backup, and could find the application support/adobe/photoshop cc2019 file, but therer were different files in there like "pdf" and no preset files. Apple has two different library files, so maybe I was in the wrong one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

I'm struggling with the same situation as Ocean_11. I have done all those steps and shortcuts aren't working. They are gone from one day to another but only in Photoshop (not in the other applications). 

(I uninstalled Photoshop, tried an older version of Photoshop, updated all my drivers and Windows10, installed the .ksy file). I guess, the problem is somewhere else... 

I have an Acer laptop, Nvidia, Core i7. Photoshop doesn't react to any shortcut. And in After Effect, only some letters stopped working.

In Office and emails, the same letters stopped working.

But everything happened when I try to create my own shortcut in After Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines