• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC canvas freezing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional artist who recently made the upgrade to CC and I am getting really annoyed. Everytime I'm zoomed in and attempt to move the canvas, it freezes. I can still work on other canvases but the one that's frozen i'm unable to anything with . I have 36 gigs of ram, a geforce 2060 gpu, ssd hard drives, ryzen 7 cpu, i updated everything incluing graphics card and my xp pen tablet drivers, i have even reset my preferences. NOTHING has worked and it is an absolute hinderance. This does not happen in CS6. the 2021 update actually seemed to make it way more frequent, as it has happened 3 times in the last 10 minutes. I can see the scroll bar on the right side shoot all the way up when it freezes. 

i do not want to turn off "use graphics processor" as theres no reason why that should be causing problems. Can someone please help me? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have reported a similiar error. in my case the canvas becomes static.

the framebuffer for the image is not updated.

disabling the GPU features helped.... but of course that is no solution.

just a very anyoing workaround that disables other features and makes PS slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i'll be keeping an eye on your thread too. I hope SOMEONE knows what's going on because I can't even do my work at this point, it just freezes every few seconds now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

report the issue in the "photoshop feedback" forum als bug.

there is already a post about issues with the canvas in photoshop 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines