• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC crashes whole PC (hard reset necessary)

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I'm just trying to use the Contact Sheet II in Photoshop CC v.22.0.1.

I select the folder (about 157 JPGs pictures, super low resolution). As soon as the process starts, my whole PC shuts down. Like it needs a hard reset (turning off the power supply).

I have :

- AMD Threadripper 2950x 16-core

- Nvidia GTX 1080

- 64Gb of RAM

- Everything is installed on a PCI-e 3.0 NVME M.2

- Latest Photoshop version, latest GPU driver installed, Windows 10 up-to-date.

I checked and Photoshop uses only 8Gb/64Gb when it crashes. GPU temperature is around 50°C. CPU is WAY under used (like 6%) and no heat problem at all.

The same thing happens when using the "Unsharp Mask" filter and adjusting the radius.

Hope someone will be able to help!

Thanks a lot 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Windows 10, an application can't crash the PC but a driver can.

So I would start with the driver for your GPU- get the latest Studio driver from NVidia and install using the Advanced options then check "Clean Install". That will ensure remnants of the old driver are overwritten and not re-used.

If that does not resolve, look at the Windows crash report to see exactly what is causing the crash

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave!

Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. I would like to see the crash report, but I don't know where to look for it. I reviewed the "reliability history", but there were no useful information except that Windows was not turned off correctly. 

Is there a different way to access the crash report ?

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines