Highlighted

Photoshop CC has brush lag with larger images whereas CS6 runs smooth

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue I've had since Photoshop CC back in 2017. I work in very high resolution images, upwards of 30x30 inches at 16-bit color/channel. Photoshop CS6 runs smooth with no issues, but as soon as I attempt to do the photo in the new CC version, the same techniques and process have seconds of lag. For example, using the clone stamp tool and sampling areas will have a lag between placing a stamp down and being able to immediately sample a neighboring area (this is technique for skin smoothing which is a huge part of my job. I work very fast and those seconds of lag are enough to keep me in CS6 where I don't experience the delay). Changing brush size on the clone stamping tool after laying dow a stamp will also lag. It is most noticable with tools that need you to sample an area (healing brush, clone stamping, etc.). This problem persists accross multiple computers whereas CS6 does not have this problem at all.

I have been on many calls with Adobe to get this fixed. We have adjusted several settings until we concluded that it was a Photoshop issue and not a computer's performance issue (considering the problem persists accross different computers and only happens in the CC version of PS). It has been almost 2 years now and I am still noticing the same issues when I switch into the CC versions.

Has anyone else run into this issue and found a solution? Is this something the Adobe team is aware of and addressing? It seems to only happen on larger images. It also seems to have no lag when first starting up, but as soon as you lay down a couple strokes, the lag starts. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC has brush lag with larger images whereas CS6 runs smooth

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue I've had since Photoshop CC back in 2017. I work in very high resolution images, upwards of 30x30 inches at 16-bit color/channel. Photoshop CS6 runs smooth with no issues, but as soon as I attempt to do the photo in the new CC version, the same techniques and process have seconds of lag. For example, using the clone stamp tool and sampling areas will have a lag between placing a stamp down and being able to immediately sample a neighboring area (this is technique for skin smoothing which is a huge part of my job. I work very fast and those seconds of lag are enough to keep me in CS6 where I don't experience the delay). Changing brush size on the clone stamping tool after laying dow a stamp will also lag. It is most noticable with tools that need you to sample an area (healing brush, clone stamping, etc.). This problem persists accross multiple computers whereas CS6 does not have this problem at all.

I have been on many calls with Adobe to get this fixed. We have adjusted several settings until we concluded that it was a Photoshop issue and not a computer's performance issue (considering the problem persists accross different computers and only happens in the CC version of PS). It has been almost 2 years now and I am still noticing the same issues when I switch into the CC versions.

Has anyone else run into this issue and found a solution? Is this something the Adobe team is aware of and addressing? It seems to only happen on larger images. It also seems to have no lag when first starting up, but as soon as you lay down a couple strokes, the lag starts. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0