• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC - Image calibration

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using version 19.1.4. We cannot update the program to the latest version due to security policies at my workplace.

I was using CS6 before this. Whenever I would try to calibrate an image size, I would choose the ruler tool to measure a known distance in the image (see image 'Menu 1' below), then resize it to a known value using Image>Image Size..., enabling resampling, and adjusting the resolution as necessary.

This still works in CC, but the resolution which was previously displayed in the Options now disappears when you open the Image Size dialog box (See image 'Menu 2'). It previously stayed displayed there when the box opened, so you could simply read and type in the resolution.

Is there a way to prevent the option box from vanishing during image resizing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have reset Photoshop preferences to default; the problem still persists. I'm sure it's a menu option I'm missing somewhere, but I have no idea where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Use Measurement Scale?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, the dialog box still vanishes. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to write a script that simulates the old Image Size dialog and assign to it (to the script) a key combination Ctrl+Alt+I.

It looks like nothing else with the new native Image Size dialog. It forces the hand tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a programmer. I have no idea how to write a script like that.

Is there no way to stop it from forcing the hand tool selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only by convincing the developers that they screwed up by writing a wish (or claim) on this site.

For 2018, nothing will be redone for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_20231006_071935_002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines