Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc is dead and its taken down my new imac

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In desperate need of help please.

Always been a windows user until i purchased my new imac 7 months ago. Everything was running perfectly until the latest update. Everything is either crashing, freezing, shutting down or all of the above. Scripts arent running, even only processing one image at a time seems to much for adobe to handle atm!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, switched to earlier versions which worked for all of a day. i'm currently on the 6th day, several hours and too many tears to process 29 files for work, something that would normally take less than an hour. 

I have tried switching back to my son's 2 week old custom build top of the range gaming pc and it took that down within minutes also throwing it into a crash and shut down. 

Does anyone know if adobe is actually working on fixing this as i have been told many photographers have stopped working with adobe due to this. Honestly at this point id rather switch back to film! 

please send suggestions...or wine...lots of wine 😞

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try using this tool to completely remove Photoshop

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Try installing version PS 2019 instead if you haven't already, a lot of MAC users seem to be having issues with PS 2020 on Catalina and some Windows users as well

2020-08-13 12_27_08-Photoshop cc is dead and its taken down my new ima... - Adobe Support Community .png

2020-08-13 12_27_32-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

I a mnot sure I understand the description correctly – does the OS crash or freeze or only Photoshop itself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»Does anyone know if adobe is actually working on fixing this«

What is »this« exactly? 

Adobe is naturally working on addressing bugs, but we users are maturally not aware in which timeframe fixes for any specific issue can be expected … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines