• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC keyboard shortcuts not working

Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

On the latest version of PS CC the keyboard shortcuts are not working. I do see the cursor change when pressing alt/ctrl but e.g. brush, ctrl + z do not work.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. Neither did remove preferences.

Please help me fix it.

Running latest photoshop with an up to date Windows 10 64 bit system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try to Check the Legacy option and see if its works ?

Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Composting

Screenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Option was not on, but after turning it on, it makes no difference I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After turning it on did you restart your photoshop ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. No change!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still isn't working, not even after a completely uninstall of the entire Adobe suite.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either by luck or after changing languages in Windows to NL it seems to work. odd, has not happened before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried to reset preferences ?

Can you please tell me which version of photoshop you are running ?

If you are using the latest verison then please do reset the preferences

Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Reset preferences on Quit.

Screenshot_2.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with the <<ctrl>> functions and after reseting the preferences everything is working fine again. But this is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that's a nice one!
I had the same issue with the same solution when migrating from Windows 8.1 to my new PC with Windows 10.

• Application/Version: Photoshop CS6
  • Language not working: English(Switzerland) Swiss German Keyboard
  • Language working: English(United Kingdom) United Kingom Keyboard

Thanks for providing the solution. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to 20.0.1 today. After working for a period, all keyboard shortcuts suddenly stops working. This has happened a couple of times now during last two hours. As if it wasn't annoying enough that we all suddenly had to deal with the sudden change in keyboard shortcuts with the prior version, we now face this. Please hurry with a fix for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same situation (with OS) and it's frustrating that I search and try different solutions, but it still doesn't work.

In the ending i decided to installed 2017 version. It's rather good for me to use.

I DONT see the point of better experience for designer to "upgrade" software. Modifying user experience/habits only make it worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I am on a job right now and my keyboard isn't working in either Photoshop or Illustrator. This is driving me nuts!!!! I use to be able to work quickly without even looking at my keyboard now ever move is a challenge! Can anyone at Adobe figure out why nothing is working correctly with these new updates!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems for me was when I switched to a different language keyboard and all my shortcut didn't wotk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem, but I did change my Keyboard language and all short cut work after. To change the language you just need to go on the right down corner of your desktop and swap the language. Just to do it work in my case.

Sketch.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I just had this exact problem, and never would have considered the keyboard change affecting the shortcuts. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Cameleon 123 I love you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on Windows 10. Keyboard shortcuts did not work on even with older (CS6) versions either. I found the root cause for my case.

I did changes in the language configuration after I bought a new keyboard. This included installing the "English (Europe)" language pack with United States Internaltional QWERTY keyaboard:

VladimirMinenko_0-1592401639089.png

I also removed the standard "English (US)" language pack, since I thought is not needed anymore and just takes one more cycle when switching the layout to get to the Russian one. After none of the solutions suggested on the Internet worked, I came to the idea to put back the "English (US)" language pack and, look, keyboard shortcuts work again in all adobe apps. The above screenshot shows the corrected setup. @Adobe: have software background, I would consider this as a bug, not sure if it is your bug or Microsoft's .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sill an issue in january 2021: Works fine with other keyboard layouts but swiss-german.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is still a thing. Removing English (US) as a language on your PC removes all keyboard access in Photoshop 22.5.0. How stupid 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines