• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC makes other apps flicker.

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop CC (2018 and 2019) is active, even hidden or in background – other apps gets flickery graphics (MacOS Mojave). I.e. scrolling in web-browser, moving around windows, moving around the canvas with hand tool in Illustrator or InDesign, everything! It's not at an unbearable level, but a significant change. I tried with CC 2017 and it does not have this issue.

Quitting PS makes all smooth again.

I've tried manipulating PS performance settings in all possible ways, which has not helped.

Somehow Photoshop seems to hijack graphic resources in an impropriate way.

I'd like to know if anyone else experience this, before I further investigate my 3:d part peripherals.

My specs: iMac 5K 2017, 4.2 GHz i7, 40 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580, Mojave 10.14.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Seems to be fixed in CC2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. As I wrote – I've tried everything in performance settings, including ”Use graphics processor” (and restarted).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you turned off Camera Raw’s GPU usage, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know about that one. Though it did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Potoshop’s GPU usage is turned off Photoshop should not be able to monopolise GPU usage so maybe you should post a report over on

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.

Still it would be interesting to know if others have the same issue, before I go further. It's that kind of thing you might not notice if you're not looking for it. So if you read this, please test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still use MacOS 10.12.6 and I cannot notice a difference in scrolling or window moving depending on Photoshop being opened or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be fixed in CC2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And it's back in 21.2.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines