• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 'Middle Eastern Features' is disabled on Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the trial version of CC on my Mac and when I try Type-->Language options, 'Middle Eastern Features' is disabled.

Any idea how I can enable this? I have to type in Persian.

Thanks a lot!

[Subject edited by mod to include version. This thread is from 2015.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you first go to Photoshop CC>Preferences>Type and check Middle Eastern and South Asian?

more info:

Photoshop Help | Arabic and Hebrew type | CC, CS6

me.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work in Photoshop CC 2015 (MAC). Why is that? It is still disabled. I know this is an old post, but do you have any idea how to make this work? This is frustrating. Photoshop CC 'Middle Eastern Features' is disabled on MacPhotoshop General Discussion

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 5.03.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you change the Text Engine Option to Middle Eastern, you should restart photoshop cc 2015 and then open a new document.

Photoshop CC>Preferences>Type

per.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing a same kind of problem, after selection Arabic font, it is coming in English ever after changing the Type from East Asian to Middle Eastern and South Asian. Unfortunately in all the adobe software it is showing in same way (English text but Arabic fonts). Request you for a quick solution on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

این تو فتوشاپ 2020 جواب نمیده 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had the same problem . these options already in the internet are not working in adobe 2020 . I fixed it by chnging language to world ready layout in the paragraf section . yoy should do it in paragraf section only 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyZP4pbCtlM - how to fix in newest version/s

תיקון מהיר של עברית הפוכה Fix backwards hebrew fast 1) Edit - Preferences - Type : select World Ready Layout - OK 2) Close Document - Open New 3) Type - Language Options : select Middle Eastern Features If Middle Eastern Features is still greyed out, try closing Photoshop after the first step לצאת

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my friend.

to add middle eastern support to photoshop cc 2020, you have to change your region and select a middle eastern country like iran or iraq etc. in windows settings.

1. Click on Start Menu>Settings>Time & Language>Region>
  2. Click on "country or region" drop down menu and select desired country.
  3. Restart photoshop.

I hope this will fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you!

note: (it only worked when i put iraq not saudi arabia)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you ! . its working fine 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines