Highlighted

Photoshop CC missing Magic Wand Tool

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've got the new Adobe Creative Suite for Student and am working with Photoshop CC at the minute but cannot find the Magic Wand Tool anywhere... is it not in this version, or is it hiding somewhere... can't locate it. Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC missing Magic Wand Tool

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've got the new Adobe Creative Suite for Student and am working with Photoshop CC at the minute but cannot find the Magic Wand Tool anywhere... is it not in this version, or is it hiding somewhere... can't locate it. Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 17, 2014 0
Guide ,
Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your Tools:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2014 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wolf, thank you so much... I am truly burning the midnight oil and can't think straight. I've found it now with your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2014 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do not how to do that on my apple laptop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2015 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't find the magic wand tool

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2017 1
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I don't see it either. "Look in your tools" with a picture of the quick selection tool, didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been looking for it to. What happened to it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it! (Please excuse me not knowing what anything is called, I am a total newbie to PS).  On the left side toolbar, if you right-click and HOLD the mouse pointer on the quick selection tool, it opens a menu with two tools on it, the quick selection tool and the Magic Wand.  If you click the magic wand, it is selected and stays in the toolbar.  I hope this works for you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that worked!  Hold down the left mouse button while clicking on the Quick Selection Tool and you will see it.  Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy you had help looking for the tool!

In general in the tool box you see the small arrow that indicates that there is another tool inside!

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 18.20.45.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I do have the tool bar in place, and can select magic wand and use it. BUT the usual bar that comes up with the magic wand, the add, substract, contiguos options doesnt appair anymore.. Can someone tell me how to activate them again?. TNX 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to find the magic wand when using MacOS Sierra, and Photoshop CS5? The advice above did not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Sylvia72 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I cant find my maic wand or the quick selection tool.  Please help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0