Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC pop up message

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

After installing the latest PS CC, this message appeared 'Could not synchronize the color settings because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder'. Please advise what is this and how to remove it.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Hi everyone, I had the same the problem and to fix it:-

Go into Finder:

Go to Library, Application Support, then select Adobe, then Open Color, on Settings right click "Get Info" unlock the folder, then Add You Name to the list, and give yourself Read/Write permissiions and I did the same on the sub folders.

I then rebooted the Laptop and starrted CC and no waqrning message.

It worked for me, I hope it does for you

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This old thread may be of use to you: Could'nt synchronize color settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi have you managed to resolve this as I'm having the same problem and cannot find any info or can't get through to adobe for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit concerning to see that this issue still hasn't been fixed; I'm experiencing it after a clean install of macOS High Sierra, and fresh install of all my Creative Cloud products. Of which only Photoshop is encountering this annoying warning message.

I haven't discovered a fix yet, but I do know that the problem lies with Photoshop's preference files found at:

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings/

Through process of elimination I found that the file at fault is Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Prefs.psp, as moving or deleting only this file will allow Photoshop to start without any error, but of course the file is recreated so you'll just get an error on the next launch.

What I don't understand is why; the file has correct permissions, it and its folder are fully writable, aren't locked, and were created on a system and user account without any preexisting Adobe preferences of any kind (like I said, fresh install). So it seems that whatever test Photoshop is performing against this file is simply flawed.

I'm not sure what to do with this information though; I could maybe write a script to delete the offending file every time I run Photoshop, but it's the main preferences file so it means I'd be stuck running Photoshop with default settings, which I'd like to avoid.

Anyone have any other ideas? It doesn't seem to be otherwise interfering with the app, it's just incredibly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an additional note; I'm wondering if this could be a macOS High Sierra, or macOS with APFS bug? I've tested on another Mac of mine running macOS Sierra, and Photoshop seems to work just fine on that. I don't remember when I updated to High Sierra, but it may well coincide with when I originally started seeing this bug so could be related.

Could those who are also experiencing this bug please let us know which version of macOS you're running, and whether or not your system volume was upgraded to APFS; you can check the latter by selecting your main system volume (usually Macintosh HD) in the Finder and opening Get Info (File -> Get Info, or right-click/control-click and Get Info), it will say in the Format section whether the volume is APFS, and whether it's encrypted or not.

I've also been having some issues when attempting to open files in Photoshop; sometimes it just doesn't seem to want to open them, requiring multiple attempts before it will do-so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I had the same the problem and to fix it:-

Go into Finder:

Go to Library, Application Support, then select Adobe, then Open Color, on Settings right click "Get Info" unlock the folder, then Add You Name to the list, and give yourself Read/Write permissiions and I did the same on the sub folders.

I then rebooted the Laptop and starrted CC and no waqrning message.

It worked for me, I hope it does for you

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi dave,

how would you unlock it in case the problem, is that it doesn't let you save the file? thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same message start using Photoshop CC 2019 (v20.0.9). Looks like Adobe have not fixed this issue. I admended the permissions in the color folder and the two subfolders as indicated in this thread, restarted computer and then did not get the error message. Fingers crossed doesn't come back tomorrow. I was about to do the upgrade to the latest 2020 but a bit nervous now!! Thanks everyone for your posts. Most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines