Highlighted

Photoshop CC. removing files from Recent ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove individual files from the Open Recent "folder" ? or is the only option to remove everything and start again ?

If you delete the file on the drive. When you click on the link in the recent list, you will get an error message that it can not find the file and will remove that link from the list.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC. removing files from Recent ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove individual files from the Open Recent "folder" ? or is the only option to remove everything and start again ?

If you delete the file on the drive. When you click on the link in the recent list, you will get an error message that it can not find the file and will remove that link from the list.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 12, 2014 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File>Open Recent  At the bottom of the list is clear recent file list.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2014 114
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sliprooster --I did not explain it well ---what I meant was if you have say 10 items on the list in the open recent file can you just clear 2 or 3 of them and leave the rest on the list. ( I'm thinking of when I make a major error and start again and I just want get rid of the attempt with the error )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2014 3
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2014 3
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2014 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2014 1
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that if the file is on a portable hard drive that you have disconnected, that does not work. You click on the file and it tells you it can't be found but it does not remove it from the list.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2016 5
New Here ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It's still in Recent

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you were really clear.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2015 0
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. That was just too simple for me to fathom on my own. Thanks alot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​Great thanks, really helped

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2016 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! So simple

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct nswer and thank you !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get this now!  This was making my OCD self start to go NUTS, so you have brought me back from the brink. 

Thank you all!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This was driving me crazy trying to get rid of the photos I'd worked on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks you. really helped

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I owe you one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 2
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. You don't owe me anything. just pass on the help when you can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you were talking about  the drive   That  it removes the link when you delete that photo

Here's what I want to do I've got recent projects  the link is Already Obviously gone   

The pictures are still there   How do I delete them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That needs to be done in your file browser. Explorer on Windows or finder on a Mac. It can also be done with Adobe bridge. Find the file then hit the delete key.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are all welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is in the trash but the image remains on the workspace as a recent item - how to remove this image from the workspace?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still confused. I deleted the file from my Desktop (on a mac) and it still shows in Recent. I click on the photo in Photoshop, I get the missing error, but it doesn't remove the missing file from the Recent list. How do I remove individual files from the recent list without clearing the whole list?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2016 1
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I choosed to clear the recent files from (Files-Open recent- Clear recent ) but they also have been removed from my Mac drive so, is there any way to recover and restore them? as they are too urgent for me and i wanted only to remove them from the recent list not from my drive.

Appreciate your prompt support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2016 2
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"they also have been removed from my Mac drive"

Clear Recent File List​, as the name suggests, does not remove files on disk. You must have removed them somehow else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what happened. I use MacBook Pro and when I click on File, Open Recent and check on Clear Recent Files, it only removes them from the PS program. I may because I am using them from a flash drive and not from my MacBook. I hope that helps in the future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear recent files, is not suppose to delete any files, only clear the list. You should use finder to delete your files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete a photo from my "Recent File" list in Photoshop? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2017 0