Highlighted

Photoshop CC/Wacom tablet 'stuttering'

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Has anyone else had a problem with Photoshop CC (or perhaps the maybe their wacom pen) pausing/freezing for a second as you are working. It is not a continual problem, like brush lag. I'm finding this occuring every few minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less. I've updated (and tried earlier) drivers, tried different graphics processor settings, but nothing seems to remove the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using a brand new iMac, new Inutos Pro, 40GB installed. 

thank you.  

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC/Wacom tablet 'stuttering'

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Has anyone else had a problem with Photoshop CC (or perhaps the maybe their wacom pen) pausing/freezing for a second as you are working. It is not a continual problem, like brush lag. I'm finding this occuring every few minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less. I've updated (and tried earlier) drivers, tried different graphics processor settings, but nothing seems to remove the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using a brand new iMac, new Inutos Pro, 40GB installed. 

thank you.  

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unisntall it and reinstall again. It will work.

SunNy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please post the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I think this issue has been fixed by switching off Double Click Distance on my Wacom tablet preferences. 

But there's been another weird problem I've been encountering, and I wondered if anyone else had been having it too. I'm working normally, with pen pressure applied but randomly the the brush stroke with end with a Dot. Aas though it's forgotten all the brush presets for a second.

Now, this happens with and without Build Up/Airbrush  active (as I know the latest CC has problems with this, although that instance it's every stroke, and the beginning of the stroke). I'm baffled. My drivers are up to date, as is the latest version of Photoshop>

See attachment :

Dot.jpg

any thoughts?

thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines