• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC won't open any .jpg files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 14.1.2. and now no jpg files are opening at all. I can open them in "preview" or other image viewers, but getting a "Could not complete your request because the file was not found." error.

any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

installing camera raw 9.4 fixed my issue. osx 10.8.5

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on PC or MAC? Have you tried draging a JPG into Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac. I was able to open the same .jpg in Illustrator. Haven't tried premier yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was just replying to a post in the Premiere forum! I didn't mean to write Premiere here, what I meant was Photoshop!! *DOH*

Ok, I am on PC myself and not really what you might call an Mac expert. Did you try to drag and drop a JPG into Photoshop? Tried opening it using Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drags into premier fine. don't have bridge installed or don't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but what I mean was does it drag into Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not open when i drag it to photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then I assume you get the same error in PS whether you double-click on the JPG, drag it into PS or use the Open command. I thought maybe this was a OS related problem, but maybe not then.

I suppose you could try and reset the PS preferences. Hold down Command + Option + Shift while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file.

Keep in mind that this will reset your personal preferences!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the reset on the preferences. Same error message after resetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I am afraid I am out of ideas, apart from uninstalling and then reinstalling PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there. I have excactly the same problem. It started yesterday. Photoshop CC opens everything else, but when I try to open a .jpg file it says

"Could not complete your request because the file was not found."

I'm on Mac, OS X 10.9.2, Photoshop CC 14.2.1

@BuddyOverstreet: Did you manage to fix the problem? If yes, I would love to know how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem remains unresolved. I think it has to do with mavericks os—

Sent from Mailbox

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Guruhouse <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Just purchased photoshop cc and it will not load any JPEG or open camera raw. Any other solutions?? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jwalker1990 wrote:

will not load any JPEG or open camera raw.

Just a shot in the dark - perhaps the two are connected if jpegs are set to open through ACR (Under Preferences > Camera Raw preferences).

Doesn't solve the problem, but maybe narrow it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix the issue-- Same thing happening to me. All was fine... then jpgs won't open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone found an answer to this yet? We have the exact same problem on our 10.6.8 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem. Also Mac OSX 10.6.8. Reinstalled Photoshop CC but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we've found a work around for this. Seems to be a problem with the Camera Raw 8.4 plug-in.

Tried reverting back to v8.3, and it seems to solve the problem:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-84-support-policy.html#Revert%20to%208.3%20on%20...

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution was to remove the Camera Raw.plugin that is located in Macintosh HD/Library/Applications Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/FIle Formats/. This issue seems to only occur on Creative Cloud when run on Mac OS X 10.6.8. It seems that the version 8.4.1 is incompatible with Mac OS X 10.6.8. It is only for Mac OS X 10.7 and higher. Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much. this has been bothering me for months!!!!

i was so disappointed to install Yosemite and see that the problem was still there, because i had really tried to reinstall everything multiple times and nothing ever worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed it after I noticed that Photopshop couldn't even open the camera raw preferences.  I downloaded the Camera raw.plugin 8.3 on this page:  http://goo.gl/kAee40   and then I placed it in my Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 and also Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Generator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are all having the same problem with yosemite.... its a pain... no solution yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found the solution on a mac with yosemite

go to the finder preferences and click "advanced"

check the box that says "show all file name extensions"

boom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines