Highlighted

Photoshop CC2019 keeps crashing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently updated my CC including Photoshop to the latest 2019 and since then it either crashes after a few seconds of launching it or immediately I after launch. At times the crash restarts my PC completely by itself.

I've tried the suggested solutions to the issues that are similar to mine on the Adobe forum but none of them worked. I've uninstalled all my CC apps, used the CC cleaner tool, re-installed older versions of Photoshop -2018 (which was working before); 2017 and 2015- they are all crashing. I now have the latest CC 2019 re-installed but its un-usable till now. I have copies of the error log both from the Event Viewer and the Photoshop System Info.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC2019 keeps crashing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently updated my CC including Photoshop to the latest 2019 and since then it either crashes after a few seconds of launching it or immediately I after launch. At times the crash restarts my PC completely by itself.

I've tried the suggested solutions to the issues that are similar to mine on the Adobe forum but none of them worked. I've uninstalled all my CC apps, used the CC cleaner tool, re-installed older versions of Photoshop -2018 (which was working before); 2017 and 2015- they are all crashing. I now have the latest CC 2019 re-installed but its un-usable till now. I have copies of the error log both from the Event Viewer and the Photoshop System Info.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cornela40120029  wrote

Hi all,

At times the crash restarts my PC completely by itself

Window Blue(Green) screen crashes restart PC.   Normal crashes are caught be OS and the normally keep running and the terminate the Application that crashes.   The exceptions I have seen have all been caused by Computer memory Problems.  Cheep RAM is normally quite reliable but when there are ram fails strange things can happen like machines rebooting on their own and worse data corruption. File can be corrupted.   That is why I use ECC ram. Ram error are caught and single bit error are corrected.  All other errors are caught must be dealt with by the user the application effect is normally terminated file not updated.  System Failures may require a reboot.

I not stating that you are having RAM issues.  However if you not using ECC Rams and you machine unexpectedly reboots I will advise you that you should run some extensive RAM stress test.

If Photoshop keeps crashing post the details in the crash reports.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with JJMack that it sounds like you have hardware issues, though another possibility is a display driver bug or even a corrupted install.  Does your system's event log show any problems?

-Noel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, JJMark and Noel for the prompt response.

I will paste the crash report below. However, after I contacted the forum, I went to Adobe's help site hoping to contact them too but I was required to submit my query through a Crash Reporter dialogue. Since I didn't have a Crash Reporter dialogue appearing during the crashes, I followed the instructions on how to enable it and since then the crashes SEEM to stop (hopefully).

submitting crash report.JPG

My last crash report from the events viewer.

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 28/10/2018 18:01:12

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic Description: Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 20.0.0.13785, time stamp: 0x5ba36490 Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 25.21.14.1634, time stamp: 0x5bbe7c62 Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x0000000000ebbc89 Faulting process ID: 0x5730 Faulting application start time: 0x01d46ee73c942e09 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvcvi.inf_amd64_1ca1683485c84536\nvoglv64.dll Report ID: 16afcd96-7efc-4b6c-8274-b41d6440ea9e Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-28T18:01:12.432716400Z" />

<EventRecordID>10495</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Cornel</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>20.0.0.13785</Data>

<Data>5ba36490</Data>

<Data>nvoglv64.dll</Data>

<Data>25.21.14.1634</Data>

<Data>5bbe7c62</Data>

<Data>c0000409</Data>

<Data>0000000000ebbc89</Data>

<Data>5730</Data>

<Data>01d46ee73c942e09</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvcvi.inf_amd64_1ca1683485c84536\nvoglv64.dll</Data>

<Data>16afcd96-7efc-4b6c-8274-b41d6440ea9e</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Crash seem related o you Nvidia Device driver nvoglv64.dll see if there is a newer version available ftom Nvidia.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I do have the latest Nvidia Driver, even at the time of Photoshop crashes.

Nvidia Driver.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be Adobe problem.  I have the latest Nvidia device driver for my old Quadro 4000 and the previous control in Properties does not work one my CC 2019 it does in CC 2018 and other with a Geforce display adapters do not have a problem in CC 2019.   Other also have my problem.  Playing with the new frame feature I had to remove my Boot SSD from being a scratch disk for 120GB of scratch space could be used in no time at all.  Also CC 2019 frequently will not wake up after my machine wakes up from sleep mode.   CC 2019 seems to have some serious problems.  I think I'll wait for its first updated to see if the serious problems get fixed.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMark, I share your suspicion of the problem being from Adobe, because everything was working fine until I downloaded the CC2019. Unfortunately, the crashes have started again, Photoshop has crashed on me about 3 times in the last 7 minutes (without a crash report dialogue screen which I thought I earlier allowed, for me to send to Adobe,) even the previous versions (2017 & 2015) I downloaded as a test experiment.

As I can't afford to re-install my Windows OS just because of Adobe "maybe" I should start to consider Affinity Photo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
JJMack LATEST
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cornela40120029  wrote

As I can't afford to re-install my Windows OS just because of Adobe "maybe" I should start to consider Affinity Photo.

I gave up on Apple in the OS7 and OS9 timeframe.  But even on Windows if you are going to use Photoshop you need to keep several version Pf Photoshop installed, New drops from Adobe will have bugs it a way of like since CS4.

If Affinity Photo satisfies you needs use it.  Myself I have much tide up in Scripting Photoshop  Affinity Photos has no scriptinf feature and I was not able to use its macro feature as well as Photoshop Actions.  Affinity Photos is not an option I have.

I have CS6, CC 2014,  CC 2018 and CC 2019 installed.   CS6 and CC 2014 are very good and stable for me.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0