• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC2020 Crashes by using the new Object Selection tool

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the new Object Selection tool and click on the button Select Subject Photoshop crashes, but when I make an Rectangle selection then the subject is going to select.
Photoshop also crashes when I use the new tool Quick Actions/Remove Background and Select Subject
Can this be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue since installing PS 2020 ... choosing Remove Backgroud and Select Subject tools causes system crash.  Plenty of scratch disk space (14Gb) ... I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine on my Mac. What are your computer specs?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Spectre 360 -Intel Core i7 -6500U CPU @2.5GHz - 8Gb Physical Memory - Windows 10 - Build 10.0.17763 - LITEON L8H-256V2G-HP SSD - 14 Gb Free Space (scratch disk)

Regards,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac - so can't help with Windows but I can tell you that 14gb of free space is nothing. You want your hard drive to be at a minimum 25% free at all times. I don't really understand the trend for smaller hard drives. I have a 3TB interal drive. 16GB of Ram would also be much better than 8.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eigh-Core Processor 3.70 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Scratch Disk 421,77GB free Space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply reminds me of a funny story:  A helicopter is flying lost in Seattle area during a heavy fog.  They finally get close enough to a tall building and the pilot is able to get the attention of the people inside who are looking out the window.  He makes a sign with the following:  "Where are we?"  The people inside scramble to make a reponse and hold up a sign:  "You are in a helicopter".    The pilot immediately knows that the building is the Microsoft HQ because the answer they gave was technically correct and totally useless. 

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the Select Brush tool in CC 2020. Once I click "Select Object" CC 2020 crashes. Still working fine on CC 2019.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Intel i9 32Gb DDR4 RAM 2x2Tb SSD's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been crashing today when using object select  but wasn't last week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same hard crash issue when using Object Select Tool and Select Subject button. 

Windows, 9700k CPU, 64gb Ram, nVidia RTX2080ti graphics card, plenty of hard drive space and mulitple SSD's to separate out OS - media files - cache, etc.

And when I say hard crash, I mean the Object Select Tool turns off the computer immediately and then it restarts all on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

It looks like that Select > Select subject and Object Selection Tool ceashing PC by PS version 21.0.2 20191122.r.57. In Old PS version v. 20.0.8 it works as expected.Here's a guessing Graphis Prosessor Settings Use Graphics Processor on/off does not matter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Latest PS2020, i7 4790k with no overclock, 32GB RAM, several SSD's plenty of space, GTX 960, stable on Prime95 (26.6) and AIDA64 for 24 hours with temps <70°C...yet the moment I try and use the Object  Select tool and select Subject the entire PC hard crashes like the power's been pulled and it reboots. I've reinstall W10, replaced the RAM and fitted a new 850w Corsair PSU. Nothing makes a jot of difference, it still crashes with the object select tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have exactly same problem. I have found that disabling hyperthreading in BIOS helps and computer no longer restarts. Of course, it has an impact on performance. I didn't make any tests, but subjectively, I didn't notice any slowdown in PS nor in Lightroom. At least PS (+computer) is not crashing, so you can try to use it as a temporary workaround. My CPU is Intel i7 4790K + GPU GTX750Ti + 16MB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that tip about disabling hyperthreading, this also worked for me.  At least I can use Photoshop again.

Is there anyone from Adobe willing to help here, or is it just the usual case of waiting for an update to potentially solve this issue sometime in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Martind.

I disabling hyperthreading in BIOS and now my Photoshop version: 21.0.2 working like a dream: both select subject and object selection tool operate as required. Case close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I urge you to post /search for a  thread on the topic on https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible, sate that disabling HT fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want Adobe developers to see your issue then you can raise a report at the link below. Make sure you give full system details (preferably from Help >System Info) and include exactly the steps you took to disable hyperthreading.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

FWIW - It works here with no issues and hyperthreading enabled, hence the need to give full system details

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps not optimal if you have a good graphics card you want to be able to use, but switching off 'use graphics processor' in PS preferences>performance fixed this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JC, also, please search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible, including the fact that the GPU disable fixed the issue.

A crash log would be good too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem happened on my MAC pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines