Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop changes colours of embedded vector

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have issue with an RGB EPS file containing a logo. When this file is embedded in an RGB photoshop file, colour sampling reveals a different hex code than what is actually used in the EPS file.

- I have already turned off the option to embed cmyk postscript, so I know thats not the issue

- Both documents are RGB.

- Photoshop and Illustrator are both using the sRGB colour setting. 

- If I embedded the EPS in Sketch, the colour is rendered correctly. 

- If I open the EPS file in photoshop (rather than embedding it) the colour is rendered correctly and there is no issue. 

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EPS format does not support color management and icc profiles. It cannot be used if you need accurate color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. What would be the alternative? I tried AI and saw the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Both documents are RGB"

but are the documents in the same RGB colourspace [as defined by their embedded ICC profiles? 

Also as D Fosse wrote, EPS doesn't support colour profiles. 

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines