• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop changing photo settings

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I want to change my photo settings to make it look different, like making it look like retro, or adjusting lights and I want to copy this settings from internet but I don't know how to search it. Example; I want to make my photo look more retro and I don't know how to do it but somewhere on the internet someone shared this settings and I want to access those settings and apply them to my photo. Thanks to everyone in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*So* many techniques of doing this. One way is to take an image of a texture (e.g., the back of a solid-colored, scuffed and worn record jacket) that was scanned or taken with a camera (preferably high-quality), layer it on top of the photo and use a blend mode. (Which blend mode is dependent on the texture being used and/or your desire to use color or not *plus* whether how much contrast exists in your texture. Usually, a good texture has lots of contrast. If the texture doesn't have contrast, you can use something like Curves or Levels to bring it out. Good starting blend modes are typically Multiply, Overlay and Soft Light but, again, I have to stress, it all depends. Experimentation is always recommended.)

Still other ways are techniques like "washing out" the color by reducing saturation or simply making the colors look "off" by playing with settings like hue or the color channels in Curves; even a tiny bit can make it "pop." I could go on and on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but your description does not help people to help you. Words like "like making it look like retro, or adjusting lights" are meaningless. 

Post  the image that you are starting with and an image that you want to emulate the look of and we might be able to advise you how to go about it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines