Photoshop Changing Skin tone colors on export when a noise layer is added?

Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was just curious if anyone else has been having this problem? It was driving me crazy trying to figure out why my save for web images were not being saved properly. Before anyone starts, yes I know all about color calibration with monitors and how to export and proof colors beforehand. This is not the problem. I was having problems with certain images I noticed when I started adding a noise layer to some files. I don't do this all the time, just slightly to add some very subtle texture to certain parts of the skin I think are too smooth after editing. I noticed however, to whatever capacity that I do this on a file, it completely changes the export color of the entire image. Mainly skin tones such as yellow and red. They appear more magneta looking and not at all what I edited. I compared the files on multiple difference screens and devices on many different saves. I finally narrowed it down solely to the noise layer. Even when i mask parts it doesn't just change those parts, it changes the entire file completely. 

Has anyone else come across this bug or am I doing something I am possibly unaware of? Again I KNOW it's specificaly the noise layer. It doesn't matter if I edit it in 8 bit, 16 bit, save for web, save as monitor, adobe rgb, srgb, embed the profile, don't embed the profile, etc. The ONLY time I get an export that doesn't match what I have on the screen is when I add noise. I am editing on a Mac just to let you know.  Can anyone else confirm? Just to show an example, attached are two draft images with the EXACT same layers and exported the same way. The only different is Noise is added to the second one. You can see the color shifts hopefully.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Changing Skin tone colors on export when a noise layer is added?

Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was just curious if anyone else has been having this problem? It was driving me crazy trying to figure out why my save for web images were not being saved properly. Before anyone starts, yes I know all about color calibration with monitors and how to export and proof colors beforehand. This is not the problem. I was having problems with certain images I noticed when I started adding a noise layer to some files. I don't do this all the time, just slightly to add some very subtle texture to certain parts of the skin I think are too smooth after editing. I noticed however, to whatever capacity that I do this on a file, it completely changes the export color of the entire image. Mainly skin tones such as yellow and red. They appear more magneta looking and not at all what I edited. I compared the files on multiple difference screens and devices on many different saves. I finally narrowed it down solely to the noise layer. Even when i mask parts it doesn't just change those parts, it changes the entire file completely. 

Has anyone else come across this bug or am I doing something I am possibly unaware of? Again I KNOW it's specificaly the noise layer. It doesn't matter if I edit it in 8 bit, 16 bit, save for web, save as monitor, adobe rgb, srgb, embed the profile, don't embed the profile, etc. The ONLY time I get an export that doesn't match what I have on the screen is when I add noise. I am editing on a Mac just to let you know.  Can anyone else confirm? Just to show an example, attached are two draft images with the EXACT same layers and exported the same way. The only different is Noise is added to the second one. You can see the color shifts hopefully.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 25, 2020 0
@mj LATEST
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bobr93915569 ,

Try flattening the image before export.

What is your working profile?

Keep us posted

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0