• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Check Spelling Language

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have my Creative Cloud set to English as the Default Install Language; I have PS Chracter set to English: USA and yet when I go to Check Spelling is shows "Language: German: 2006 Reform." I spent 1.5 hours on with Adobe Chat, where they even did Screen Share and spent another half an hour aimlessly wandering around my AppData and doing nothing. A few notes: it appears to only be an issue in PS, I checked ID and no issue there; I have had this issue ongoing no matter the version or update; I recently removed and reinstalled the whole suite and the issue persists. Help appreciated!! (screen grab attached)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, something must've changed for us.  Solution I found was to go to your "Character" window, at the bottom-left there will be a drop-down menu with languages to choose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I see now that it doesn't change our spellcheck. Guess I'm in the same boat.

(this site won't let me edit my previous comment)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for checking it out! I ended up on a LOT of chats/calls with Adobe and it turns out it is font-dependent, and the font in question (I am guilty of downloading a ton of Adobe fonts) was apparently created in a different language, so Adobe defaulted spell check to that. I am still intrigued as the font I was using was directly from Adobe Fonts, but here we are 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines