• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop clone stamp / flashing image issue

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When retouching with the clone stamp, the whole image goes out and the gray area flashes. How to fix?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the Clone stamp is causing flashes on the canvas. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Gave that suggestion a try, it did not solve the issue. I use the frequency separation process and it seems to mostly happen in that situation on the current layer being sampled, especially when zoomed in and tapping the brush repeatedly for fine texture correction. I checked out whether it was my wacom tablet or adobe updates, those efforts did not present any solutions. My OS is up to date. The screen flashing in my face makes it challenging to see what I'm doing, it's slowing down the workflow so if you have any other ideas it would be most appreciated! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem with a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope! Never did and now there’s an issue with my computer being too old to
update to the most current OS which won’t let me do PS updates so... it
continues to severely interfere with my workflow. Do you have any
suggestions?

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied from my email and it has a signature for a company I work for. I had no idea that signature would post, I didn't even reply from that address! Is there any way to delete this reply? This website is giving me no options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still haveing this problem, and have been since Photoshop 20. Using clone stamp, or heal brush causes gray flashing. I fi choose a point to reference it clashes, and there is a delay after I have painted in my selection. I've tried with out my wacom, and it persists. I am running big sur, both photoshop 21 and my OS are up to date, and my graphics processor is turned off in Photoshop preferences. 

It also blinks when I zoom in and sometimes the gray out persists for a few seconds or until i zoom in or cause the screen to refesh somehow.

Is there a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not heard anything back, still having the same issue but it’s a
little better in my older version of photoshop I think the 2018 whatever
number that was. Isn’t it so frustrating? I do a lot of retouching with the
clone stamp when retouching skin and it’s absolutely maddening. I am also
sensitive to flashing lights so when the screen blinks that rapidly....
it’s rough. I hope someone gives us answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem on a newly refurbished and updated Mac Pro (early 2009) running High Sierra drives me nuts. At first I thoought that it was a hardware issue, however I have just tested the same image on this machine using Photoshop CC 2019 and the problem appears to have gone away. It looks like CC 2020 is very buggy on the older architechture. Those are my thoughts give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been encountering this as well.
I found this other thread which fixed it for me. Reset the tool. I've been using Phosotshop since Levels was a new feature and i've never heard anything about "Reset Tool." It is very frustraing... it's acually something else, but if I use those words my answer will probably be edited/ deleted.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/issue-with-the-clone-stamp-tool/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines