Photoshop closes automatically

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid subscription for Lightroom & Photoshop and my updates happen automatically. Right now I have the PS version 22.3.1 and it is stated as 'up to date'. 

Nevertheless I'm experiencing quite some problems with Photoshop today. I am editing a couple of images and it has happened several times that my PS program closes automatically, in the middle of editing an image.

It's not with a certain editing tool ( I think), but suddenly (and even/as well before I had the chance to edit and save the edits) it just closes and I lost my editing layers so I need to start from scratch. I am opening my images from Lightroom and I'm editing them using a Wacom pen/tablet.

Does anyone have an idea what to do? I restarted my computer but I'm still facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance for advice on this matter!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest update is having issues recognizing mid-range GPUs. Try installing the previous version of Photoshop and see if the issue persists. Adobe is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, this is the recommended action.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines