Highlighted

Photoshop color problem

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Photoshop Community,

I have the following problem:

My Photoshop surface has a yellow tint.We got rid of it by setting the color settings to the monitor settings (BenQ RGB). Now the white image is also white.
If you open the image in Raw Converter, it has saturated colors and contrast. If you open it in Photoshop afterwards, some of the colors and some contrast disappear.

Color proof is not selected

I have tried different profiles. If you select e.g. sRGB and the European / universal 3 settings, the image gets more saturation and looks unnatural...

On my laptop I have none of these problems...

Maybe someone has an idea what else I can try.

Have a nice evening!
Best wishes.
Marvin

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop color problem

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Photoshop Community,

I have the following problem:

My Photoshop surface has a yellow tint.We got rid of it by setting the color settings to the monitor settings (BenQ RGB). Now the white image is also white.
If you open the image in Raw Converter, it has saturated colors and contrast. If you open it in Photoshop afterwards, some of the colors and some contrast disappear.

Color proof is not selected

I have tried different profiles. If you select e.g. sRGB and the European / universal 3 settings, the image gets more saturation and looks unnatural...

On my laptop I have none of these problems...

Maybe someone has an idea what else I can try.

Have a nice evening!
Best wishes.
Marvin

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a faulty monitor profile. 

To verify try setting the monitor profile to sRGB on the OS-side – any difference? 

»We got rid of it by setting the color settings to the monitor settings (BenQ RGB).«

That sounds like a terrible idea – but to clarify: What are the complete Color Settings now? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a broken monitor profile from BenQ, probably distributed through Windows Update.

This confirms it:

"We got rid of it by setting the color settings to the monitor settings (BenQ RGB)"

That turns off all color management in Photoshop, and bypasses the monitor profile. It makes Photoshop behave just like any other non-color managed application.

Revert your color settings to where they were. This is not a solution.

The proper way to handle this is to use a calibrator to make a new profile. If you don't have a calibrator, use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as a temporary solution for now. It won't be accurate, but better than a broken profile.

Change the monitor profile here:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0