• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop color profile

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find information in how to add a CMYK color profile from a printer that I want to use in Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows, you right-click and "install profile". That's all I ever had to do, it then appears in the Photoshop list.

There is a potential glitch, however. Profiles are installed to the system in Windows > System 32 > spool > drivers > color. But Adobe applications also copy the profiles to Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Adobe > Color > Profiles. Why this double bookkeeping I don't know, but apparently the Adobe apps get the profiles from the latter location. So if you can't find a profile, look in both places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look here for where profiles should be on your system

https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/where-are-my-icc-profiles/

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines