• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Colors Distorted

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I import a .png logo file the colors are completely off. 

Ex: I'll upload a logo that is gold and when I put it in Photoshop it comes out orange. The HEX color is still correct, but completely different. What am I doing wrong?

Examples attached. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have a ProPhoto file viewed without proper color management. You really need to keep track of profiles, and convert to sRGB unless in a fully end-to-end color managed process.

What's the "S24F350" profile embedded in these images? Where does that come from?

It should be noted that profile handling in PNGs is quite buggy in Photoshop. A regular Save will not embed the profile. It's recommended to use Export or Save For Web, with "embed profile" checked  (not checked by default). This will handle PNGs correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What D Fosse wrote

you want to be working in sRGB

I think it'll benefit you long term to spend a little time learning about icc colour profiles and what they do. 

start here

here is some reading on ICC profiles and how they work for you to provide accurate colour through the digital workflow: https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/about-icc-colour-profiles/

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines