• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop consistant crashing cc 2021

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop daily, and ever since the 2021 updates it has crashed consistantly for seemingly no reason. I've sent atleast 5 crash reports to adobe. this is inferiating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have reset you preferences and tools and PS keeps crashing use a prior version like 21.1.3. Perhaps Adobe will fix 21.2 so PS will be more stable on your machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, did you manage to fix the issue?? I open photoshop, and within a few clicks it will close and create a crash report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?
How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?
Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you so much for responding - I am using mac OS Catalina V.10.15.7 and I was using Photoshop CC 2021.

After finding advice on different forums and blogs I tried firstly by editing preferences in PS inc. the available RAM, graphics processor settings and caching... I then completely uninstalled CC from my computer and re installed it - nothing worked.

I have been at a loss and decided to go back to photoshop 2020, once this was installed I opened the file I was having trouble with and it works fine.. so I think I will wait a little while until I upgrade!

Thanks so much for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Photoshop 2021.   I would like to uninstall this  it and get Photoshop 2020 back if Adobe is not going to make this a stable program on my 2020 Mac Book Pro with Catalina 10.15.5.   I tried resetting Preferences and looking at permissions and security, and it still crashes every time I use it, sometimes within seconds, sometimes within a minute or two.    I've turned to using Affinity Photo for my work because this has become so unworkable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. For some reason today Photoshop has crashed 4 times. It's a brand new PC and nothing has been changed on it. Suddenly today it keeps crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same for me, in fact, ever since v22.1 Photoshop has become one of the most unstable, infuriating apps I have to use daily. Constant inexplicable freezes, genuinely terrible file-handling, features being disabled for no reason, the works.

Worse yet, the v22.2 update wiped out all of my user prefs and presets. Nothing critical for me, thankfully, but that's just completely unacceptable.

Running MacOS 11.2.2 (20D80) on a 2017 iMac. So far the best solution I've found is to just revert to v22.0.1, the last actually stable, functional release. This sucks as well, because I've actually found a few of the new neural filters to be very useful, and they debuted in the buggy, crappy update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To run the latest version of Photoshop you need at least 16GM of RAM and more would be better, plus plenty of disk space.

Resetting Photoshop back to the factory settings can also overcome application corruption. This can be done under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the reply, but those can't possibly be the causes of my issues. I'm running 64gb of RAM and have two scratch disks assigned. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled PS multiple times to attempt to fix the issues.

22.1 & 22.2 are just bug-riddled, terrible updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, sorry to sound rude, but how can this be an acceptable answer? So many people are infuriated, frustrated, fed up, and completely exasperated over their experience with the latest update to Photoshop. How many hours do you think community members have collectively spent researching and trying to find solutions? Think of all the hours of lost productivity. Is there any accountability within Adobe? I won't even start with my ONGING problems Premiere Pro, but if all you can ask of your paying customers is "how much RAM" or "what OS are you running" or "have you reset preferences", then I think there is a real problem here. First acknowledge the bugs, then let us know what you are doing to fix it. That might be a good start in bridging Adobe's widening credibility gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the wrong end of the stick gradycoug, the forum is mostly answered by volunteers, like me, who help out of the goodness of their heart!

This particular thread is full of duplicate posts that cause confusion with overlapping questions and answers.

Regarding asking for application version OS, RAM, disk capacity and trashing preferences, we never know what level of knowledge of those asking questions so we have to start off with base-one questions to eliminate possible issues.

All applications have bugs, but the Adobe ones don't have an exceptional number. In fact, we find invariably, that people who complain about applications on investigation we find it's a system problem and things like resetting preferences sorts it out. I find myself I have to do reset mine every three months or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update, I have nothing but problems with crashing,??????How can I do editing,   Photoshop is EXTREMELY  difficult to contact and appears NOT to be concerned,

I will have to consider renewing my Subcription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned previously in this thread to others!

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dereck, I have at this precise moment 25GB, and the latest 13.2 version, I have found a problem that causes the crash,  THE latest ACR version, if I revert to 12.4 all is OK, 

After using this one, of cause many new features are not there,  I have constantly changed Photoshop Preferences, with all the recommendations offered by other users,

I hope that Adobe will correct the problem soon   regards Ben 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it should be Photoshop 22.4 and ACR 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much spare disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek I 51Gb spare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

51 or 151GB?

In any case, try freeing up some disk space, it may help.

Also in Photoshop preferences, under the Performance tab, check that Let Photoshop Use is around 70%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry missed out I have 51Gb My PS preferences 80%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. Just installed Lightroom and Photoshop updates. Photoshop is version 22.3.0.49. I have 1.8TB of free space and 64GB of RAM. I haven't touched preferences as I can't get to them. I can open Lightroon with no problem but when I transfer a photo to Photoshop and hit the crop icon the mouse icon turns to the crop image and that's the end of it. I can't crop or do anything else. I can move the mouse but it still stays as "crop". Can't even X out of the program, it remains completely stuck and the only way to get out is to restart the computer. Everything ran fine until this POS update so I'm sure it has something to do with it. I'm so frustrated I'm ready to completely 86 anything to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same! Mine bogs down if I want to do anything. I want to go back to the old version but don't know how to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines