• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop constantly freezing PC while working

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and my gpu are up to date but Photoshop has been freezing my PC pretty regularly the past couple days. This used to happen once a week or so, but now it's several times a day. I'm unable to use ctrl+alt+delete and have to force my pc to shutdown and restart. This only happens when I'm working in Photoshop.

I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, i7-7700k. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry about that

Try to reset the preferences, here the instructions

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

 

2nd option: Go to the creative cloud app and click on the 3 dots next to Photoshop app to see more options and select other versions

you can install a previous version of Photoshop and maybe that will work, sometimes there are bugs and you have to update the system

Let me know if that works

Regards

Eugenio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Windows Update history. Any video driver update in there? Try to turn off GPU in preferences and see if the freezing stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I had some optional Windows updates and Intel updates. After updating those the issue seems to better (I've been able to work for aobut 2 hours without a crash so far). If the issue still persists I'll try those other options. 

I did try turning off my GPU in preferences but it made it really hard to work with multiple artboards and caused a lot of flickering so I switched it back on. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines