Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Corrupt File

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Recently reopened this file and it looks like this now. The background was white with a hardwood floor and contains a smart object for the poster frame area. Does anyone know how to fix it or do I need to redo it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It's hard to tell what we are looking at. Can you give us a little more information? What versionof Photoshop are you using? Are you on a Mac or Windows machine? What did the file look like before?

Let us know so we can help you more effectively,

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

 

Hello,

I'm using a MacBook Pro year 2014, I'm using photoshop 21.0.2 release. The image I posted is what you see when you open the file. I tried to save a new jpg to see if it was just in photoshop but it also causes the jpg to have the blue background. Not sure what happened to this because I haven't opened the file in a few weeks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

This is what the file looked like before, the poster part is a smart object and the wall and floor is a separate layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the photo of your display  where your machine is running Photoshop.  Editing your psd Mockup Template it look like the Top layer's Smart Object content has been replaced and the bottom layer 0 is now targeted and being work on. Most of Layer 0 content seems to have been overlaid with  a low opacity green stroke though the move tool is the current tool.   Did layer 0 have the green overlay before you replaced the top layer's  smart object content?   The before image shown was a Jpeg not your actuals mockup.  You may want to post a screen capture of the actual PSD mockup the PSD file may have been corrupted.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File corruption is almost always caused by failing hardware. It can be a disk about to fail or bad RAM, but if you're working off external disks that would be the prime suspect. Check all cables and connectors thoroughly.

If you're working directly over a network, don't. Networks are notoriously unstable. Work locally, then copy over.

Power loss during a save can also corrupt files.

There is one more remote possibility: a buggy video driver. Yes, GPUs do a lot of data processing these days, and a bad driver can corrupt. But that means the file was actually saved in a corrupt state and you would have seen it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines