• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Could not apply the workspace because there is not enough memory(RAM) 2021 v22.4.1

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been searching forums left and right. Seem to only have found a few from 2018 in relation to my issue, have tried several workarounds to no luck. I had been using photoshop for the last year without issue on an older laptop - Alienware 17 R4 i-7 @ 2.8ghz 16gb RAM 64 bit and never had any issues using features such as light rendering etc. Now we get to the real interesting part! I recently purchased an Alienware Aurora R11 i-9 @ 2.8ghz 64gb RAM 64 bit and updated to the latest version of Photoshop 22.4.1. I was having issues just before this with light rendering/3d based effects and figured it would be fixed with the new update.Well here we are with the latest version and I am receiving the error in the subject - Could not apply the workspace because there is not enough memory(RAM). I've been going over all the preferences, clearing caches, adjusting my ram to about 80% which equates to about 41gb of ram for some reason. Photoshop is only saying I have around 51gb to work, so be it. Regardless I must be missing something because how much RAM is truly necessary? If anybody can help at all, please this is rather uncomfortable as this is for my personal business and for the money I've been spending this seems a tad ridiculous. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe support helped me solve this. The fix was to revert to a previous version of Photoshop. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines