• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Could not complete your request because of a program error when trying to open a raw file

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a PC, Windows 10 up to date and all Adobe CC apps are up to date.The problem is I can't open a raw file by clicking file -> open and click on a raw file. If I click on a jpg of psd file the open with no problem. If I try to open a raw file from the explorer by right clicking and choose for open with, I get the same fault message.

The message I get when trying to open a raw file is:

Could not complete your request because of a program error.

In Lightroom if I open the same raw file with Ctrl E  the file opens nicely in Photoshop.

I tried starting Photoshop with no plugins, I reset the preferences and I uninstalled and reinstalled. All with no result, the fault is still there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the program error, could you please let us know does it happen with a specific raw file or all the raw files?

Also, is the file stored on a network drive or a local drive?

This error usually means that the file is corrupt. could you try capturing a new image and then try opening that file in Photoshop and let us know if it opens up?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with all raw files.

I took a new photo, tried to open it from the sd card and copied the raw to a local drive and it won't open. All the raw files I tried won't open if the are on a local drive or on a external disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try installing the Camera raw plugin and let us know if it helps?
Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that also before I reinstalled and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think maybe it has something to do with Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop. I tried to use the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop and I get the message:

Could not complete the Camera Raw Filter command because of a program error

On a few tries it worked but most of the times it failed and got the above message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines