• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop could not save because of a program error

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to work off of my new Synology NAS system. Everything was working great, until I tried to open a .psd file, make a change then Save. I got an error that said, "photoshop could not save because of a program error." No other clues...I can save as fine. But when I open the new file, make a change and save, same issue. I'm also able to open a file from my local drive and save just fine. So this appears to be an issue saving to a network.

I've tried many solutions from online searchers including disabling the generator plugin, unlocking the library folder, etc...no solutions. 

Please help, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved this myself. I went to Photoshop preferences and "Reset Preferences on Quit." Then restarted my computer. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I spoke too soon...This problem is back. Initially I fixed this by clearing preferences and restarting my computer. But now I'm back to not being able to save images...Any solutions out there? 

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 1.45.57 PM (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this for troubleshooting. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

However do note that Photoshop is not officially supported for working directly to networks. Try saving to a local drive and copying the file across.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However do note that Photoshop is not officially supported for working directly to networks."

??

Since when? I have saved Photoshop files to a local drive across the network for over 20 years. Only recently has it refused to do so, and only sporadically. Same error as OP. This never happened—and I mean never, not once—until PS22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this problem too. It's never happened before a few days ago, when I finally updated my Mac to Big Sur. I've rolled Photoshopp back two versions and that hasn't helped either. It's irritating to have to save big files to the desktop, then copy them over to my Google Drive. It's a huge bottleneck in my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines