Photoshop couldn't complete because of a program error

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Photoshop works for about 3 minutes and then won't let me do anything and the error that pops up is "Photoshop cannot complete because of a program error"

I have troubleshooted with other posts on this forum. Unistalling, reinstalling an older version, changing permissions. Nothing works. 
I can't even copy or paste in photoshop right now. Please help.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop couldn't complete because of a program error

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Photoshop works for about 3 minutes and then won't let me do anything and the error that pops up is "Photoshop cannot complete because of a program error"

I have troubleshooted with other posts on this forum. Unistalling, reinstalling an older version, changing permissions. Nothing works. 
I can't even copy or paste in photoshop right now. Please help.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 07, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting back to an older version does not work? Are you on Mac or Windows and which version of OS? What is the last time Photoshop worked fine at your computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @elizabethw93422303 

Here are suggestions from Adobe that you should try. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, besides what other ACPs said, does this problem occur on all files or only on a particular file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens with all files. Besides, I can't revert back to an older versión because in the photoshop window (cf https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html) I only have two options: more info and unistall (and not other versions)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.  I am having the same problem/error code.  It started two updates ago and it is with all files.  I was hoping this last update would correct it.  I save my progress frequently, but now it seems to no avail, because it won't save.  I am so frustrated.  I have a project that I am on a time crunch.  Please help.

I also cannot zoom in and out.  The ruler changes as though it is zooming, but the image does not move.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** I just found another thread that mentioned saving as 16 bit.  I tried it .. and IT WORKED!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
jodiwood LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Elizabethw93422303,  I found your question when I was looking for the same answer.  I'm sharing from another reply I posted.
2 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Good morning.  I am having the same problem/error code.  It started two updates ago and it is with all files.  I was hoping this last update would correct it.  I save my progress frequently, but now it seems to no avail, because it won't save.  I am so frustrated.  I have a project that I am on a time crunch.  Please help.

I also cannot zoom in and out.  The ruler changes as though it is zooming, but the image does not move.

Translate

Translate

More

4 seconds ago

Copy link to clipboard

*** I just found another thread that mentioned saving as 16 bit.  I tried it .. and IT WORKED!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0