• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashed during saving process of a tif file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title, photoshop occasionally crashes while saving a TIF, when I re-open the image is intact but all the layers are flattened. 

I am processing in C1P and then exporting to photoshop on 10.12.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmonette, oh dear, that’s a catastrophe. I can't even think of a workaround for when saving crashes the Photoshop application. I hope Adobe emloyees will help you with this issue.

In any case, I suggest you save the file immediately after it arrives in Photoshop, before making layers etc.

Meanwhile you might Google 'reset photoshop preferences' and see if the instructions Adobe provide for that helps.

If 'reset photoshop preferences' doesn't help, its perhaps worth trying saving a test file to a different disectory or a different disk?

Could it be a folder permissions issue?

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, use incremental saves (new name each time). EXPECT this sort of catastrophe and prepare for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines