• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes after selecting type tool (Photoshop CC 2021, Big Sur)

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just ran across a problem that I have not been able to solve.  I have a 2017 iMac running Big Sur.  I made a simple collage in Photoshop 2021 and went to add some type and Photoshop crashes. Over and over again. Here is what I've tried...

-Using Font book to validate fonts.  Removed one that had a warning.  Reinstalled photoshop...crash.

-I have removed the Preferences folder for photoshop from library/applicationsupport/Adobe/PhotoshopCC2021 restarted photoshop... crash.

-I removed the font cache from photoshop (cant recall where it was located... but I remember trying it :).

-Tested the font folders on my computer (username/library/fonts, system/library/fonts) by isolating a batch of fonts and restarting photoshop but even with all fonts removed it still crashed... maybe I didnt get the correct font folder?

-uninstalled Photoshop (Using the app in the utilites folder) then reinstalled photoshop and in the Photoshop preferences I unchecked the box net to 'display fonts in English' (I read that had worked for someone).

-I have tried using a blank document in case the document I was trying to put type on had been corrupted.

I may have forgotten something but I've been at this for a while.  It is my wifes computer so I'm not sure what sequence of things may have led up to this.  Any ideas?

This computer was recently migrated over from an old 2013 imac so I may have some old prefs in there messing with things but I assume I would have gotten rid of those with all that I've removed so far.

thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To follow-up, I submitted the bug report to Adobe (via the pop-up) and they said that there was a fix or work around for this.  So I did what they suggested again and noticed that I hadnt done one thing which was to turn off font previews.  So that has worked and Photoshop is not crashing any more.

I am wondering what this means.  Is there a way to have font previews work again?  Any thoughts on this?  Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines