Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes and corrupts my files. Please help! :(

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

For the past few weeks I have been having real issues with Photoshop. For some context, I am a digital artist and illustrate on a Microsoft Surface Book 3 on the latest Windows update (and the latest Photoshop update). Originally I thought it was the laptop's issue, so I got a repacement, however, a week in and I am having the same issue with the new device. 

Whilst using Photoshop, the application will often freeze and then crash through my laptop blue screening. When I restart the laptop, recent changes to the file that I was working on have either been lost (despite regular saves), or the entire file will curropt altogether. I will attach an image of what the corruption looks like. 

Some of the blue screen codes also include: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and  SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. 

I doubt that this is a Windows / Microsoft issue as this never happens on any other applications other than Photoshop. 

Is there anyway to fix this, or anything that I can try? It is so frustrating as I cannot complete work in peace, or at all.

Thank you!

Photoshop file after corrupting: 

photoshopcorruption.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, sorry about your problem.

I don't have any solution but maybe you can test is you install a previous version of Photoshop from the creative cloud app

My Best

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines