• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes computer upon opening or saving to disk

Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open a file in PS or save a newly create image my computer crases (no blue screen). The computer either restarts or the monitors goes to black with no video signal. I do not get a Adobe Error report window. The screen just goes to black and/or computer restarts. No blue screen.

Strangely enough, when I do open an image in PS using File>Open, the image will open for about two seconds and than the computer crashes. See above crash description.

I can open Ps with no issues. I can start a new image. I just can't open a image (any)  file without a crash.

I can open an image from the explore which defaults to opening PS with the image. However, I can't save that image. Computer crashes. See above crash description. 

I am having no other issues with Pr, Ae, Br, Me or Au.

Runing the same version of  Ps on another computer with updated video drivers with no issuse. 

What has changed before having PS issues: 

Updated computer BIOS to the latest. ASUS WS X299 Sage Mother Board BIOS ver. 3405

What I have done:

Uninstalled/Reinstalled PS

Cleared all preferences

Rolled back/Updated video drivers

My computer state:

I am runing the windows 10 latest update

I am runing the lastest Nvidia drivers ver. 462.31

I am runing the latest BIOS on my computer 

This computer is over clocked but it has always been OCed. This is not a change from before when Ps was working.

Computer Specs

Windows 10 Pro 64

i9-9980XE 

128 g ram

4x 2080ti gpu

m.2 system drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

The latest version of Photoshop is having issues with certain graphics cards. Yours may be one of the affected.

Try installing the 22.x version of Photoshop and see if it clears up. Adobe is aware of the issue but for now this is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific nvidia graphics card and how much vram do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SEA HAWK EK

11g of Vram

https://www.ekwb.com/msi-sea-hawk-water-block/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop is having issues with certain graphics cards. Yours may be one of the affected.

Try installing the 22.x version of Photoshop and see if it clears up. Adobe is aware of the issue but for now this is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. Good to know. I suspected it had something to do with PS and the GPU since the screen would just go blank and not give me the blue screen of death. 

I tried to get it to crash with other CC programs like Ae and Pr but couldn't. 

Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines