• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashes every time I try and open a file, of any type. (2018 iMac running Mojave)

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop seems to crash every time i try and open any files. It opens fine by itself but as soon as i try and click on a jpg, png, any type of file, it crashes and shuts down

I have created a new window within Photoshop and embedded the files i need within that window, but when i save it crashes. I have tried reinstalling 5 times, deleted preferences, resarted to avail. I have a 2018 iMac pro running Mojave, my machine is more than capable of handling any programs. If anyone has a fix please let me know. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you are using?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines