• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes when I open an image

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installled PS 2021 and LR Classic. PS shuts down when I attempt to open any image.

Also, when I open LR, I get an error message (attached).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Try renaming your Camera Raw folder. A new one will be started. If it works, you will have to reload presets. In my case, some of the folser names inside Camera Raw were too long. we think.

AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the box, but it is still checked when I reopen the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried again and it remains unselected. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem. PS 2021 still shuts down when I open an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this EXACT same issure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming your Camera Raw folder. A new one will be started. If it works, you will have to reload presets. In my case, some of the folser names inside Camera Raw were too long. we think.

AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant folder names. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are still confused heres this which is probably the problem download the latest version of camera raw https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html and run it and start up photoshop and boom problem solved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and unselecting "Use Graphics Processor" solved it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me (it's not a solution in any case, as the GP is needed for best performance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

identical problem. tried to 'upgrade' to 22. (Still had my old 20 version which had worked ok).

uninstalled 22, but 20 now refuses to open images. What the ....

I'm screwed.

Win 10, latest. Wacom mobile studio pro. tried signing out of CC and back in, deleted prefs, nothing works.

thanks for nothing adobe.

I'M NOT GOING TO KEEP PAYING FOR THIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I even clean intalled windows, haven't found a way to solve this. Hope they give a solution, else I'm moving away from adobe too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same sort of issue.  I can no longer open any images.  I can open Photoshop 2021, browse to where my images are, when I click the image and say Open, it creates the tab for the canvas, but then nothing.  It still shows the welcome screen with my tab above it and nothing responds.  It is completely locked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. I have followed all the suggestions made by PS like de-selecting the graphics card (I have 2 on my pc), I uninstalled the latest version and installed an earlier version that did work, I have updated the graphics drivers, I have removed the preferences etc, etc, and nothig has worked, I am now paying for a program that I can't use!!!!! I also get another issue and I have attached a screenshot of that as well, I suspect the 2 are connected somehow. I have attached a screenshot of the issue and if anyone can help I would be very grateful, thank you. 2021-10-29.png2021-11-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue (Photoshop 2022 crashed upon opening an image). This is a brand new computer I constructed with latest CPU and memory and M.2 drive.  I checked the 32gb GSkill memory and it was OK by Windows memory tester.  I am running without a graphics card: just using the Intel drive built into my i5 10600 chip. I can alway install the (old) graphics card from the old computer if that might help?? I've already tried some of the above hints (except renaming Camera Raw folder.  Adobe - please help with this issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I spent 3 days with the Adobe help desk live chat trying to fix the problem, even letting the technician take over my pc, to no avail!! In the end I cancelled my subscription after a bit of a heated discussion with the subscription consultant.  I am now looking into an alternative to Photoshop of which there seems to be a great selection of apps depending on what you want to do. I am so happy with my decision....goodbye Adobe....forever!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear of your problems with Adobe support.
My crashes were fixed by the latest Photoshop update.
Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue. I followed all the ideas in this site but none of them works after that I got it . just you have to downgrade you camera raw and that’s it ,after along way of suffering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to mention that I installed the last version of the camera raw after that I faced this problem

I think this a bug in the last update in the camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe I just spent hours trying to figure it out and the solution was just to downgrade camera raw! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it, thank you so much! I ended up deleting all folders relating to the addon (which I'm a bit puzzled to how it got onto my system in the first place).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downgrading the camera raw worked for me. Faced the same issue in PS 2024 today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines