Photoshop Crashes When Opening Images

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just installed Photoshop CS5. The program loads fine but when I try to open an image to edit it just crashes. I’ve tried all kinds of image formats and all of them cause Photoshop to crash. I get a message saying “Photoshop CS5 Has Stopped Working” and the only option is to close the application (I have attached the image). I’m running Windows 7 64-bit, I have installed the patch and updated my GPU driver. My computer far exceeds the minimum requirements for Photoshop. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance!Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Guru , Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010
That is a Nvidia Dll. You did go to the Nvidia site and downloaded from there, correct?Best bet is to re-download the driver again.Go to this website and download the free driver sweeper for Nvidia. Install it on your computerhttp://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/Remove the Nvidia Drivers and reboot in the safe mode.Run the driver sweeper in the safe mode then reboot in the normal modeRe-install the nvidia drivers and reboot.See if that fixes the problem.

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in windows 7 event viewer and post the results here. Windows 7 Event viewer will give details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 12.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x4c255ce6

Faulting module name: nvoglv64.DLL, version: 8.17.12.5896, time stamp: 0x4c378ebb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a Nvidia Dll. You did go to the Nvidia site and downloaded from there, correct?

Best bet is to re-download the driver again.

Go to this website and download the free driver sweeper for Nvidia. Install it on your computer

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Remove the Nvidia Drivers and reboot in the safe mode.

Run the driver sweeper in the safe mode then reboot in the normal mode

Re-install the nvidia drivers and reboot.

See if that fixes the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT worked!!!!

Thanks a million!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines