• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing 2.2 at startup 2021 on Win 10

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jus has PS 2.1.1 updated to 2.2 it failed on the load page at reading preferences.  had to downgrade back to 2.1.1 to get Photoshop to work.  Any ideas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when upgrading, did you keep the same preferences settings?

Have you tried resetting photoshop preferences settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a wast of time Adobe needs to look into the problem.  Upgrading to a new Graphic card wich may be compatible will be expensive.  Adobe need to have a Compatibility list of Graphic cards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried everything i can think of if i go back to 22.1.1 it works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install all previous versions for Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro. All of them keep crashing my Laptop. Fo sure is a bug, as many Premiere Pro users have the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two different things here.

If it crashes when reading preferences, it's probably a corrupt preferences file. The obvious first thing to do is to reset preferences by holding ctrl+alt+shift as you launch. Resetting preferences deletes the whole file and lets it rebuild fresh.

If it crashes in a laptop, the usual reason is dual GPUs, which will not work with advanced applications that use the GPU to do actual data processing. The Intel GPU must be disabled. If there's only one GPU, the likely reason is a buggy video driver. Update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update here if i leave the splash screen after around 5 min it does load Photoshop 22.2.  If i downgrade to 22.1.1 it works fine.  Today i let the system upgrade to 22.3 and still no joy it still take around 5 mins to open Photoshop.  I tried to clear the preference as suggested no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue.

This was with the Update to V2.2

V2.3 is exactly the same.

I have also tried to delete the Prefs file and install again. The result is the same. I am using V2.1.1 for the time being.

I would like this resolved please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything i know but still no resolution.  Last attempt was to uninstall the Graphic driver and allow it to refresh.  this gave me an updated driver but still shangs for around 5 mins at the load preferences splash screen.  Only solution so far is to go back to v22.1.1.  So what thw hell am i paying for.  It alomost feels like adobe are trying to get rid of customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hate to tell everyone this but due to adobe updating features within Photoshop.  It seems that the graphic card must be able to support 2gb of Vram.  Or it hax droped out of Adobe list of approved Graphic cards.  The last known version to work was 22.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines