• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashing Constantly on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've gotten an hp z240 workstation at my workplace and have the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop installed on it. Never had a problem with it until Trying to use it here.

Lately, the program has been randomly crashing when I try to place a file, paste from Illustrator, type, or close the program. There hasn't been any rhyme or reason to it and it doesn't generate the error report or recover the files (set in preferences) whenever it happens. Given the high volume of work that we do this has been getting increasingly frustrating and calling tech support didn't yield too much in the way of fixes.

The only addon I have running is for my Wacom Intuos Pro so I have no idea why it's been so buggy. If anyone has some idea of where I can start to troubleshoot past addons and Task Manager, it'll be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the Reliability Monitor have to say about the crash?

reliablity monitor 1.jpg

reliablity monitor 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the crashes listed say this:

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 20.0.1.17836
Application Timestamp: 5bd6bc59
Fault Module Name: Photoshop.exe
Fault Module Version: 20.0.1.17836
Fault Module Timestamp: 5bd6bc59
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000009ca12ce
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.161
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 371b
Additional Information 2: 371bb9b2890273ae27710edb5fef9b43
Additional Information 3: dfa1
Additional Information 4: dfa1b026a2e7eb4898cb461f4722255e

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 4ed4ea2ff78a95a4cf94923da3bd7f8e (2275604505166708622)

The most recent has this:

The program Photoshop.exe version 20.0.1.17836 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 3708

Start Time: 01d4a7749ebc6347

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 99d14b55-9a2f-4548-a080-d5eae3ec2931

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

It's only showing three crashes in the past month and a half but its been happening more often then that. I'm afraid this is all I have from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. Let’s try the Event Viewer method posted in this thread: Re: adobe photoshop CC 2017 has stop working

Out of curiosity, does Photoshop continue to crash if loading of third party plugins is skipped? That can be done by launching Photoshop while holding Shift. You should see a dialog asking if you’d like to skip loading third party plugins.

You could also try a preference reset, to rule out any problems within the preferences:

Win: Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after initiating Photoshop's startup. A box will appear asking if you want to continue with the reset, select "yes." If you don't see this, you weren't fast enough...Try again.

Mac: Press and hold Cmd+Opt+Shift then start Photoshop. A box will appear, asking if you want to continue with the reset, select "yes."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin that link you posted takes you back to this page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ged! Not sure how that happened - the hyperlink text is correct, but the link is not.

Anyway, here is the correct link, since I can’t edit my previous reply: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9325241#9325241

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the plugin fix worked! The project is finally done and I'll mark this as answered. Thank you, Benjamin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear!

Since it seems to be third party plugins, you might remove them one at a time until you find the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines