• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing freezing when opening jpegs, using multiple tools, program unusable

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago Photoshop started to freeze.  Opening a JPEG, a program error popped up "could not complete your request because of a program error".  The online fix was to uncheck the "Use Graphic Processor" box.  That seemed to work to open a JPEG.   However, when unchecked, other tools like Crop, Select, etc... caused Photoshop to freeze, and the suggested fix is to check the "Use Graphic Processor" box.   This is contradictory, and no matter the setting I am getting hard freeze ups making the program unable to use.   Is this related to a possible windows updated or recent Photoshop update?  I am current on all updates (windows updates and adobe cloud subscription).  My system is new Windows Pro 64-bit, 32 GB Ram, Intel i7 processer, 1TB SSD, so sytem requirements are met.  I have tried to uninstall Photoshop and reinstall. Still doesn't work.  Solution welcomed urgently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIXED.  After looking at Adobe Photoshop System Info, I saw that there was record of a "GPU Sniffer crashed".  I think the latest updates were incompatible with my graphics driver, rending Photoshop 2021 unusable.  However there was no error message or prompt to indicate this.    After updating my nVidia Graphics card driver to the most recent version, everything seems to be working fine.   Never had Photoshop do this before, crazy, nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines