• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing on Print - EVERY TIME

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has been crashing on me whenever I print.  If I hit Ctrl + P or go to print in the File menu it INSTANTLY crashes.  It doesn't even think first.  It doesn't matter how large or small the file is at all it just instantly crashes, doesn't matter if it is a document with multiple layers or a single small flat image.

I am afraid I am going to lose important edits when trying to print forgetting about the issue and accidentally printing before saving.  The only way I can print is to open the document in Illustrator and that isn't really acceptable to me.

Can any one tell me what is going on?

I did uninstall the program from my computer completely and reinstalled it to see if that would fix anything but it did not.

Please help,

Thanks,

Anita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Try the steps suggested by jbm007, if it does not work, I would suggest you to reset Photoshop preferences once.

Prior to resetting preferences, please take a back up of any custom presets/brushes that you have created.

How to reset Photoshop preferences: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html#Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file belongs to product EPSON Color Printing System and was developed by company SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION. This file has description E_WU1HF1. This file is Dynamic-link Library. This library can be loaded and executed in any running process.

Unfortunately like my Ricoh printer there are some printers that just do not get a lot of love.

And the problem gets compounded because it really is a OS issue controlling the hardware more then Adobe.

Seen it many times.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where do I find this error log file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem, have just downloaded trail version of 2019 and the print works but they want me to pay again so not happy.

Has anyone found a fix please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Elements 14. Why is this at least a 3 year old problem? I have windows 10 and immediately craches when print button is clicked. Reset preferences did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with PS, every version I have tried, on 2 PCs. I am out of business in about 5 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem -Elements 14 and an Epson XP8500 printer. Lightroom prints ok, why not Elements? Adobe response to this problem is pathetic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will people STOP peddling Reset Preferences as a solution!!! 

In no way is this a solution!  Yes, it sometimes works, but only for a short while, then you have to reset the Preferences again ... and again, ... and again,............. every time having to re-enter all your settings and presets. 

Get this FIXED Adobe! You are taking money under false pretences! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is such a croc of crap. Adobes people are just full of crap, with no actual solution, just bandaids. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, maybe they should spend some of their (our!) money on hiring REAL programmers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today and yesterday (Windows 10, PS. version 21.1.1). It crashed regardless of restart, update Photoshop, downgrade photoshop, new file, or old file.

Preface

I also do devlopment on my computer, so I needed port 80 to be available to do development on due to hassle a different port would cause, so I did necessary changes to make it available as it was taken up by the system. This caused the crashing every time I tried to print.

Possible solution

It seems Photoshop need to use the HTTP service that occupied my port 80. I changed a setting in  the registry, opened Phoyoshop, and boom, I can print again.
Win+R → 'regedit' → Enter → '\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP' → Double-click 'Start' → Change value to '3' (was '4' for me) → OK → Launch Photoshop → Print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Then I tried printing a file that had never been opened in PhotoShop and it printed. I then went back and using Capture One I did an output from the finished retouched file to a new location of the image that wouldn't print previously. I then opened that file in PhotoShop and it printed.

It would seem that files that have previously been printed have the print information embedded in the file. By making a brand new file that information is removed and the file can then be printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - Not ideal, but this is the solution that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but why should we have to use work-arounds in software we pay dearly for and that they (Adobe) just can't be bothered to fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some general Adobe [Mac and Win] info on printing problems,

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Simple reset: hold the space bar when you open the print window. It resets the print dialogs

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved this (Windows 10) by finding and installing the print driver from the manufacturer's site,  not windows drivers. Then remove the old printer. Restart Photoshop and it prints OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get most things to print but when I try to print from my greeting card files, the program crashes everytime. I tried all the above fixes but nothing worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem. I downloaded the new greeting card format from the paper source and it now works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case, PS2023, it got solved by removing a network printer that was not active anymore. It was probably set as a default printer in photoshop, due to it being the preferred one in the past, but when it got removed and replaced by a new one the error started appearing. after removing it from the windows device list, the error went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines